We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Our flight doesn't make it to Beef Island until 10:10 pm, is there any possible way to make it to the Bitter End that evening? I know it's recommended you just stay on Tortola, but if we do that we'll be at Bitter End less than 7 nights and then lose a lot of the amenities. Unfortunately, our dates are flexible enough to allow us to push back our return. Any ideas?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Have you discussed your late flight with BEYC? I wouldn't be surprised if they might have another party on your flight, and, even if they don't, I imagine they've worked with folks before regarding late flights. I don't know your fight plans, but you might want to have a contact # with a person at BEYC whom you can call shortly before your flight leaves for Tortola, so they'll know your approx. time of arrival at EIS. It's not a long ride from EIS to BEYC, maybe 20 - 25 mins by boat, but I don't have any idea what your rate would be. Please keep us posted.

Safe travels, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Why not take an earlier flight?

Last public ferry from Beef Island to VG is at 22:30pm

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_vg_nsx.h…

Technically they are supposed to wait for everyone to get off the flight, but it happened that the flight was late, ferry left on the dot leaving people behind.

It would be worth to call Speedy's and ask how do they deal with these situations, maybe even give your names, so the boat doesn't take off without you.

Then, you would need a cab from Spanish Town to Gun Creek and ferry across North Sound to BEYC, you can arrange that with them.

Last Gun Creek ferry LEAVES Bitter End at midnight, they might arrange for a private run for you.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what they say.

Unfortunately we're booking our trip on frequent flier miles and that's the only option. Tickets from Texas are $1200 each so using miles is pretty important to us.

Somewhere on the Bitter End web site they mention a $35 per person surcharge for late ferries, but that's all the detail I've found. I'd rather pay the surcharge than an extra night in a hotel.

I'll let you know!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Yes, the best idea is to call directly and see what they say. Internet service can be spotty in the BVI.

Please keep us posted! thx, alashas

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

I talked to the Bitter End today and they do indeed provide late transfers for a $35 surcharge. It's basically a private ferry/water taxi and I'm sure they decide how it will work based on the number of people on the flight. So if anyone is headed into Tortola on April 19th on the late flight in from San Juan, see you on the boat! :)

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Thanks for the update, that's a reasonable rate, and it will be convenient to be transported directly from EIS to BEYC. By the way, I've posted a photo album of BEYC. We've spent time on our VG trips at BEYC, but have never spent the night. I arrived unannounced and the staff spent several hrs with me giving a tour of their large resort - I was impressed of both the resort, as well as the staff.

…smugmug.com/Vacation/…

be well, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2friends

Ridgefield, CT
Level Contributor
6 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

Contact Beyc.. They will arrange a late boat for you.

8. Re: Getting to Bitter End with late airport arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 25, 2013