We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets Purchased

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Ga
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Tickets Purchased

Hi, we kept waiting for the airfares to come down but got scared and went ahead and reserved our tickets for our May trip to VG. I don't think it is a bad deal actually, but would like to hear other opinions. Not that it really matters now, it is a done deal. We fly Air Tran from ATL to SJU nonstop for $575 round trip for us both, then $500 to VG RT on Air Sunshine. Does that sound like a good deal to you? Thanks for any inputs.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,819 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets Purchased

If I read your post right it appears your cost is $537.50 PP for the R/T. How much lower did you expect to pay? With fuel prices as high as they are it looks like you did OK.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets Purchased

Just to compare:

I paid $497 total from Minneapolis to Tortola.

Pretty good deal I think - all flights are on AA.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets Purchased

I pay $240 Newark to STT R/T on Continenal. New Jersey DOES have at least 1 reason to live here!!!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets Purchased

Snorkels, I paid $342.00pp out of ATL RT to SJU on Delta, and paid the same price for Air Sunshine ($250.00 pp RT) for travel in June. I think you got an excellent deal out of ATL! I usually set a target rate (in this case it was less than $350.00) and once I find a nonstop fare that beats my target, I take it. Travelling with small children over the last eleven years my wife and I insist on the fewest connections.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets Purchased

I think that is really cheap. It is usually 7-800 from Boston to Tortola.

Maine
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets Purchased

I think when you travel makes a HUGE difference in price. We are leaving Boston this soming Tuesday (one of the cheapest days to fly) and flying back the following Tuesday and our tickets were only $220 (before tax) with United.

Atlanta, Ga
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets Purchased

I know what you mean. I feel like we got a good deal since we will be traveling Sat - Sat. If we could have traveled on a week day it may have been cheaper.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets Purchased

Yep, rates may have been a bit lower for a week day rate, but you're flying for a reasonable price. Enjoy your trip! alashas

9. Re: Tickets Purchased

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 21, 2009