We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

Which one would you choose to rent a villa and why?

NJ
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

I would choose to stay on Mahoe again because the villas are directly on the beach (or a short walk to the ones behind the beachfront) and it is more centrally located and convenient to SpanishTown and some of the restaurants. The beach at Mahoe is lovely.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
207 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

I'd choose Mahoe as well but I am biased see www.adagiovilla.com - Leverick is nice but you are at the north end of the island and to get to the south you have to travel over Mt. Gorda - at Mahoe you're in the middle of the island and can do either direction quite easily. cheers

Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

I chose to rent a villa on Mahoe Bay although I strongly considered Leverick Bay. The deal breaker for me was the beach. Leverick Bay apparently has a very small beach while Mahoe Bay has a great beach. Also, I read somewhere that the Leverick Bay Restaurant can be very loud at night. It appears that the views are great at both places though.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

We stayed in a villa in Nail Bay. We looked at Mahoe Bay, but the dates did not work out.

There is no question I would choose Mahoe.

Centrally located and a great beach with snorkeling within a short walking distance.

It seamed most to the Leverick Bay villas were located high up the hill and Leverick's beach in tiny. After visiting the area, I'm glad we didn't rent there.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

We stayed in a villa in Nail Bay. We looked at Mahoe Bay, but the dates did not work out.

There is no question I would choose Mahoe.

Centrally located and a great beach with snorkeling within a short walking distance.

It seamed most to the Leverick Bay villas were located high up the hill and Leverick's beach in tiny. After visiting the area, I'm glad we didn't rent there.

6. Re: Mahoe Bay or Leverick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations