We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Gorda or St. John

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TravelinLolita
1 post
Save Topic
Virgin Gorda or St. John

My husband and I are planning a trip in November and I am having a hard time deciding which Island to go to. We have been to St. John several times and absolutely love it.. our favorite out of the several Carribean Islands we have visited (St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Caymans, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Tortolla, Anguilla). While Virgin Gorda looks lovely and laid back and peaceful..simular to St. John, I am worried we maybe be bored at night. We love the beach, beach bars, good restaurants, and friendly people. We are not into nights clubs or need a constant array of activities i.e. Sandals. Any advice who be welcome. Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
196 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Gorda or St. John

We did St. John this year for the first time. We loved it and plan to visit again. But we will head back to VG next year. It is our favorite laid back little island gem!

Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Gorda or St. John

Hey TravelinLolita,

My husband and I are going to V.G. this Oct./ Nov. We are staying at the adagio villa on Mahoe Bay. If you are worried about being bored at night, just make sure to rent a car so that you can go explore and find great restaurants and bars and friendly people. I would give recommendations but this will be my first trip to V.G. Leverick Bay restaurant does a Friday night beach BBQ with a band and a show with the Mocko Jumbies which are stilt walkers. That would be fun but I'm not sure if they will be open when we are there. I hope so. I know Georgio's will be closed until mid Nov. so we will miss out on that. I think everything else will be in full swing though. Have fun, I know we will!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Gorda or St. John

We've been going to St. John for more than 25 years and it's still one of our favorites. Virgin Gorda is also pretty. It's more laid back, but you don't have the easy option of ferrying over to St. Thomas for shopping, etc. if that means anything to you. But there are good places to stay and eat and hang out.

Another place we really love is Guana Island, a private island in the BVI. There are never more than 35 guests on the island and it's like visiting a friend's home...gorgeous views, beautiful main beach and 6 others, excellent snorkeling, and it's AI (three meals a day, afternoon tea, appetizers b4 dinner, and wine with lunch and dinner). And we are never bored...guests get to know each other quickly and evenings are spent in the "living room" or on a cliffside terrace above the Atlantic side watching movies. The cottages are located on the hilltop with views of the Caribbean, Atlantic, or both. Have a look at their website.

4. Re: Virgin Gorda or St. John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda