We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from LDB-Fantastic catamaran day trip

Alexandria, VA
2 posts
Save Topic
Just returned from LDB-Fantastic catamaran day trip

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon. We spent the first week at Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda and our experience there was amazing. However, I wanted to highly recommend a catamaran day sail we took to Anegada.

Although I think LDB has a sailing company they use for day sails, it is a schooner and my husband and I were really interested in a catamaran. I had also read about the very different terrain of Anegada and their famous lobster. So, after doing some browsing online, I found Double D Charters, http://www.doubledbvi.com/.

I am so happy I did! I emailed Captain Dave to find out when he took trips to Anegada and he responded immediately. Because of his prompt response and his eagerness to try and accomodate us, I knew I had found exactly what i was looking for.

The trip itself was even more spectacular than I imagined. Capt. Dave was a true pleasure to be on the water with and could tell you almost anything about the area. Laying on the "trampoline" over the open water as we sailed to Anegada was relaxing like I have never known it. Once we got to this coral island, we hopped on an open-air taxi-jeep and headed to our snorkeling and lunch spot. We all placed our orders (you can't NOT have the famous Anegada lobster here...and they are HUGE!) and then went to the beach and snorkeled among one of the largest coral reefs in the world.

I could go on and on about what a wonderful experience it was, but I just wanted to highly suggest that if you are headed to Virgin Gorda and/or LDB, call on Capt Dave for a catamaran sail. I promise, you will not be disappointed and it will certainly be a highlight of your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Anegada
Anegada
British Virgin Islands
Double D Charters
Double D Charters
60 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
213 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from LDB-Fantastic catamaran day trip

Second your recommendation of Dave and Double D - never a disappointed time.

2. Re: Just returned from LDB-Fantastic catamaran day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda