We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private small boat charter for 8

Cleveland
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Private small boat charter for 8

Hello! I have done some research on renting catamarans and larger power boats for 2 or 3 DAY TRIPS from either West End or cane Garden Bay. Some have a minimum passenger requirement or are way too expensive for a private sail. When we stayed on STT, we were on Sapphire Bay and just walked over to the marina and found a Pocket Yacht charter (approx.$325 for 4 people) for the day to BVI's, and also a larger catamaran( approx. $75 pp) as a join in day sail (with others we didn't know). Both were very reasonably priced. I am looking for either a power boat or catamaran for PRIVATE trips that are around the same price. No bareboating. Just want to find a captain that will take us around to go snorkeling and to beach bar hop at the usual haunts...Norman Island, VG Baths, JVD Foxy's, Soggy Dollar, One Love, Bubbly pool etc...I know we can take the inter-island ferries, but we have newbies with us and want them to experience the "jumping off and swimming to shore" thing. Any suggestions? Thank you!!!!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

Try posting this on traveltalkonline.com. They always respond so quickly. I don't find that a lot of people respond on this particular forum so quickly.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

OK, thanks!

Rockford, Michigan
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

I can't say enough about Risky Ray. My family spent 5 days with him and his wife Brenda in August. They were fantastic. We'll be sailing with them again in April. His website is viwaterfundotcom. He does day trips as well as extended ones. He's vey reasonably priced, flexible, knowledgeable, etc. PM me if you'd like any more specifics. Good luck!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

Thanks for the info Jeff! I will be contacting Ray.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

Hi anybody! Ray is booked for that week, we are looking for other options.

orlando florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

Did you find one? I am traveling to Tortola in January and Voyage was a recommendation given to me by a local resident. They have day trips on a cat that looks very reasonable to the locations you want. wwwvoyageescapes.com bvi@voyageescapes.com is the email. I am looking for a charter to Anegada for 6-8 people. I'll check back here...

orlando florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

Did you find one? I am traveling to Tortola in January and Voyage was a recommendation given to me by a local resident. They have day trips on a cat that looks very reasonable to the locations you want. wwwvoyageescapes.com bvi@voyageescapes.com is the email. I am looking for a charter to Anegada for 6-8 people. I'll check back here...

Cleveland
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

I am looking at sunseavi.com. It is a 28ft powerboat out of STT, but said that will pick up in BVI's. I will check out the company that you suggested also. Thank you!

9. Re: Private small boat charter for 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, January 05, 2016