We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortola Diving

Which Road Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Tortola Diving

Can anyone recommend a good dive operator in Tortola for 2 very experienced, mainly Northeast US divers who also have done a lot of dive travel? Thank you! :-)

WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortola Diving

Try UBS for personalized very small group (just you) diving. Or Blue Water Divers for standard group diving. The are others in the BVI & I think they are all pretty good.

Jim W

Sunrise Beach, MO
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortola Diving

My husband and I always used Baskin in the Sun. Their main operation is at Prospect Reef and they used to have a smaller operation at West End.

Be sure to tell them your experience at diving. They split off into groups and are good a putting the once-a-year divers with on Dive Master and those with more confidence with another.

Also, be sure to ask them what days they have their cruise ship dives so you can avoid those. It earns a living for them, but BNS realizes most of these folks only dive as a diversion from the buffet tables.

I think they have a website. IMHO, they are one of the best. If Sue is still there she is one of the best Dive Masters and "underwater tour guides" in the BVI.

Have fun.

Philadelphia, PA
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortola Diving

Baskin in the Sun was purchased by Dive Tortola in the last two years. A great operation with three boats, fun, informed, skilled dive masters, classes, gear, computers, cameras, on-board snacks/drinks, etc. We were there for a week in August and are going back for two weeks over the holidays! The diving is spectacular - pristeen reefs, incredible visibility, abundant life. Go to more than just the Rhone - although a night dive on the Rhone is unforgettable!Originated by Baskin in the Sun, Dive Tortola advocates care and protection of the marine ecosystem and it shows. Moored sites, conscious efforts to not touch, break, disturb anything so vital to the marine environment. They have a sister operation - Dive Provo - in the Turks and Caicos Islands. I would highly recommend them, too. Fort Lauderdale business office to make your trip planning simple! It's time to get wet!

Little Rock...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortola Diving

While my experience is (at the moment, but not for long) limited to my first resort dive with Dive Tortola, it seemed that they have a great operation there--and a fun crew. Enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Road Town