We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cane garden beach

Which Road Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cane garden beach

We are calling in at Tortola on our Caribbean cruise soon ,I think we will go to CGB for a few hours so what will the cost be in a taxi from cruise terminal and the cost of lounger and brolly on the beach thanks :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cane garden beach

Sorry treble posted .

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cane garden beach

You will share an open-sided safari truck taxi with 20-some others and the fare will be $8. Sorry, can't help with the lounger and umbrella prices...

Enjoy!

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cane garden beach

We had sunbeds outside "Myetts" beach bar i think it was about 10$ for 2 beds and brolly.

Try the Rum Punch !

Have a great time fantastic beach, watch for the Pelicans fishing.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cane garden beach

You probably know that the bulk of the cruise ship passengers looking for a beach will be going to CGB, there will be several taxifuls dropped there for the day. If you're OK with that then no worries. If you'd like a less crowded beach experience consider Brewers Bay which has 1 beach bar with chair and umbrella rentals and food and fewer people. Same taxi fare applies.

Enjoy!

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cane garden beach

+1 Brewers Beach. Rent a car and see some of the island as well including CGB. We used ITGO which is a short walk from the pier.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cane garden beach

Would not recommend driving Tortola for the first time AND on a cruise stop. Certainly driveable but without knowing where to go you could waste precious time. But when staying on the island it is a beautiful island to see, and you'll get some magnificient photo ops on the way to the beaches.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cane garden beach

Tortola is a small island. We found it very easy to find our way around with the map furnished with the rental car. No difficulty at all getting back to Road Town for a late lunch before walking back to the ship. Our dinner table companions who had taken the taxi to CGB and back had paid as much we did but saw far less of the island.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cane garden beach

I agree that Tortola is very driveable in most areas and the roads are in good shape, and I think it's great that you were anle to enjoy more of Tortola. I just don't think it's for everyone on a cruise stop, but certainly an option. For example after rains the steeper roads can be less navigable in some areas, and the steeper switchbacks can be a challenge for a first-timer. There are some very steep roads between Road Town and the north side including the "Elevator", and the Belmont area into West End is an adventure. But yes the main roads are not that bad and most turns are clearly marked. I had a problem just driving up out of some of the bays my first time because I wasn't accustomed to the steepness of the roads. I know some folks are more adventurous that me and others would have a problem with that.

Glad you were able to drive the island and enjoy the beauty of Tortola! I highly recommend renting a car to folks staying on the island, some just stay in CGB and never see the rest of the island.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cane garden beach

Definitely try to explore some of the island if you can - you wont regret it! :)

Doniphan, Missouri
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cane garden beach

Cane Garden Bay definitely worth the trip. Myett's is great place for a painkiller!

Bananakeet great sunset view dinners overlooking St. Thomas. Driving a must to explore island. Been to Tortola many times and going again this March for two weeks.

Get answers to your questions about Road Town