We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

Which Road Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

I'm thinking about taking the ferry over to Road Town one day this summer while staying on Peter Island. If I do so, what things are considered a "must see/do" in Road Town? My wife likes to shop and we both like to eat at casual yet tasty new places. Is most places within walking distance around main street area? Should we just stay on Peter Island and not even go? Never been to Tortola before so any suggestions are appreciated.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

I think you would enjoy that for a day. We've only shopped at the grocery mart downtown but there are several nice small shops near the cruise dock including a nice spice shop (Sunny Carribee). There are a few spots for a decent lunch along the water, and Pussers Pub has decent pub food if that sounds good. But I would take the time to venture over to the French Deli if you can as they have the best imported cheeses and meats we've had since staying on St Martin! What an excellent baguette sub, we got them to go whenever we were in RT and took them to our hotel or the beach.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

Are you getting to PI from Tortola? If so, you'll get an idea of what Road Town is like and could make your decision if you want to spend part of a day there later. Or you could even spend some time shopping at RT before or after PI. If I recall from one of your other posts, you have scheduled for 3 day sail snorkel trips during your week on PI. RT tends to be a busy place, especially if a cruise ship is in port, and also at rush hour. It is the only place in the BVI where there are a few traffic lights, can't recall the #. Here's a helpful article moon.com/destinations/…road-town

And here's a list of shops http://www.b-v-i.com/RoadTown/shops.htm

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

We will be getting to PI via St. Thomas, so I thought this might give us another opportunity to explore.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

I see, that makes RT an option, although there are a lot more shops on St. Thomas than RT.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

We actually would enjoy shopping and lunching in Cruz Bay on the return from PI if we had the option over STT. But I would still make the day trip to Road Town and explore since you're so close and have the opportunity. Also consider taking a 1 or 2 hr island tour as she is Beautiful!

Joe on Patouche heads over to the PI Resort mornings and picks up guests to go to VG and Cooper. He offered to take us from Road Town for that day trip and we will try to take advantage of that next visit. That would be a longer day on the wayer and we'd enjoy that.

Are you taking his daysail while staying on PI?

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

Yes. He is taking us to The Baths and Cooper Island on his usual Thursday tour. I spoke with him on the phone a few weeks ago. He is about to launch a new boat as well. We have been to both The Baths and Cooper Island once before, but are taking some newbies with us this time. Loved the beauty of each!

7. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:14 pm, June 07, 2013
8. Re: Day Trip from Peter Island to Road Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Road Town