We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses and/or tours on Tortola

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Topic
buses and/or tours on Tortola

We'll be in Tortola on a cruise ship twice in '07 and want to do some exploring by ourselves rather than with the ship. It will be just the 2 of us on Feb 24 and that's my main inquiry now. But we'll be back on 12/31 with kids and grandkids (12 of us). So to some extent, we'll be checking out those possibilities in Feb, too. I read somewhere that there is an open air bus that takes people to Cane Garden Bay for about $6 (round trip, I think). Anybody know about that or recommend that way of going? What other things should we try to see/do and what's the best way to do them

The Right Charter
Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
BVI360 Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses and/or tours on Tortola

The best way to see Tortola in a short time is to rent a car (preferably four-wheel-drive) in Road Town and drive around on your own. Alternatively, you can have a taxi or jitney driver take you on a tour. There are no large buses traveling around the island since the narrow, survy roads would not accommodate them. I don't know about the open air bus, but a $6 fare from Road Town to Cane Garden Bay would be a bargain!

2. Re: buses and/or tours on Tortola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 27, 2009