We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hour cruise stop in Tortola

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
8 hour cruise stop in Tortola

My husband and I will be in Tortola in a few weeks as one of the stops on our cruise (from 2 pm to 10 pm). We've never been to Tortola and are looking to use our time there wisely. We don't snorkel, so any suggestions what we should do?

cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hour cruise stop in Tortola

I know you don't snorkel...but if you're looking for a beach...and you like Megan's Bay in St. Thomas, you'll likely love Sugar Cane in Tortola. It's the same clear, calm water....but the beach is much less crowded. Also, some beachfront restaurants, bars.

We found Tortola on a cruise, too...and like it so much, we've rented a villa there (on Sugar Cane) this February.

Note that Tortola is BVI not USVI...and it has a much slower pace than St. Thomas. We' like that better, but not everyone does.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hour cruise stop in Tortola

Since your daylight time is limited, I would do an island tour by taxi with a stop at Cane Garden Bay (there is no Sugar Cane Bay on Tortola) and make sure to also stop at Skyworld for a drink and fantastic views.

cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hour cruise stop in Tortola

Mind fart: Sorry. It is Cane Garden, not Sugar Cane...

4. Re: 8 hour cruise stop in Tortola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, August 24, 2009