We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Dinner

boston, ma
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve Dinner

Hi - I know it is quite early, but my husband and I will be on a sail boat for a week with his family. They will be leaving on the 31st and we are planning to spend NYE in Tortola before we head back to the cold!

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of places we should make a reservation for dinner and a nice place to stay. We are not looking for anything too crazy, just a nice dinner. We appreciate any ideas! Thanks!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve Dinner

To give a little more detail in what we are looking for, we were hoping for somewhere casual for dinner, maybe with live music and on the beach?

For a place to stay, doesn't need to be super fancy, just clean and a good location.

Thanks!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,389 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve Dinner

We love staying at the Heritage Inn just up the hill from Cane Garden Bay in one direction and the Sugar Mill and Sebastian's Restaurants in the other. Very casual place to stay, rooms are not newly-remodeled but are super clean, comfy, and roomy. And the sunset view and all day view is to die for and the managers the nicest people we've met. The Bananakeet Restaurant is also there.

Our favorite casual restaurant is Sebastian's, very comfortable yet great dishes. On our first visit to Tortola in 2005 we had taxied from Myett's in CGB to the Sugar Mill for a nice dinner. But we felt so out of place there, stuffy and uncomfortable, that we took our drinks and walked to Sebastian's and had a wonderful experience. Nothing fancy but we like it there. And the sunset view on the water is gorgeous. It became our casual spot.

So we'd look at Sebastian's for dinner followed by an evening of dancing in CGB. If you'd prefer to stay on the beach consider Myett's or Mongoose Apts in CGB, you won't have far to walk after enjoying the music. We also enjoy staying at Myett's, Val is a great host and you meet many people there.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,389 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve Dinner

Meant to add there are other restaurants that I'm sure are much nicer and more popular, we just prefer that part of Tortola and we enjoy the places mentioned.

4. Re: New Years Eve Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Tortola
Recent Conversations