We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

Atlanta
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

We are flying in to Tortola and staying one night before and after our chartered sail out of Soper's Hole. We are planning on staying at Ole Works Inn in Cane Garden Bay instead of Soper's Hole. What is the approximate taxi fare and travel time to Cane Garden Bay and then to Soper's Hole from Cane Garden Bay? Do you think this is better than staying in Soper's Hole?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

I am going in November and these were the basic rates and times i have been able to find

Airport to Cane Garden Bay about 40 minutes and about $15 per person with I think a 3 person min. I have heard rates vary between $30 and $45 for 2 people.

Cane Garden Bay to the West End to the West End is about 15 minutes and $6 per person with a 3 person min charge.

Exact taxi rates are hard to come by. Let me know if you come up with something more definite.

Seaford, NY
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

I am not sure about the airport but a taxi from our cruise ship to cane garden bay was 6.00 per person each way. It took about 20 minutes.

Just be prepared for the ride of your life. The roads are very winding and can be very steep.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

Cane Garden Bay is worth the trip from Sopers Hole. It is beautiful and relaxing. What a great way to begin and end your sail! Too bad they can't just pick you up in the dinghy! Sailors moor in Cane Garden Bay and go on and off shore to enjoy the beach and amenities.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

It is about $40 for two people from the airport to Cane Garden Bay plus more for bags. It is about $20 from Cane Garden Bay to the West End. If possible get your hotel to arrange a pickup and negotiate the price in advance.

saffie

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

The prices Safie posted are exactly what I paid in March/April.

6. Re: Taxi to Cane Garden Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 19, 2009