We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regatta 2013

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Regatta 2013

Would love to hear from anyone who has experienced the Sailing Regatta held in the BVI's at the end of March. We'll be staying on Tortola at Rhymers, will have a car, plan to ferry to Jost, Virgin Gorda and possibly Anegada and already have the Bomba Shack Full Moon party on our must see list. I know there will will be all kinds of parties going on, but are there any that need to be on our "list"? : ) I'm hoping I made the right choice in choosing this time to go, as I know it will be a very busy time down there. Pretty safe for 2 girls to roam around after dark?

Any input is much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Anegada
Anegada
British Virgin Islands
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regatta 2013

babsinCO,

Haven't been to the BVI during the Regatta, so can't comment about that. How long is your trip? We love the other 3 islands you mention, but you'll spend at least a half day and probably more, catching ferries, cabs, etc. If you are going for a wk or less, you might want to limit the day trips to the other islands to 2.

Use caution and good judgement, especially at night. You'll get hit on at some of the bars, esp. Bomba's full moon party. You want to be particularly careful driving at night - you'll be driving on the right side of the road with hills & curves, and perhaps some speeding drivers. If one of you doesn't plan to be a DD every night, then you might want to consider using cabs.

Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

2. Re: Regatta 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 29, 2013