We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel on beach!

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
545 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel on beach!

I have looked at so many hotels on here but I would love some suggestions for a nice clean hotel on the beach. Kitchen is not mandatory but a good restaurant would help.

Thanks

Chicago
Level Contributor
138 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

Have to say Long Bay Beach Resort and Frenchmans!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

Myett's is a great spot to stay but it's a beach bar/restaurant with rooms moreso than a hotel.

Long Bay would be my first choice, we haven't stayed there but used their property and it's nice and a perfect location. Beach cabanas are close to the water. And a short walk to Sebastian's Restaurant which is one of our favorites for the cuisine and the sunset.

Have you looked at Scrub Island Resort?

Are you focused on Tortola or are other areas of the BVI an option?

If you are looking for an "upscale" property look at the Bitter End Yacht Club or other properties on Virgin Gorda, or perhaps the Peter Island Resort...

And of course Anageda has some options as well.

Edited: 2:21 pm, April 30, 2012
Boston
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

What is your budget? There are many options...

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
545 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

Our budget is around 150. per night. Long Bay Beach looks great. I am scouring the reviews now!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

You will need to recalibrate something, your budget doesn't quite line up with your requirements. Heritage Inn has clean, comfortable rooms (not fancy) and the Bananakeet restaurant on site. No beach but Unbelievable views of Apple, Carrot, and Long Bays. We spent time there last year and loved it, $135 + after mid-April I believe. We spent close to $200/ nite at Myett's years ago and Long Bay and Scrub will be higher (LB is well over $200). There are less expensive options in CGB, just depends on your "real" requirements. "Nice" is subjective, but $150 is definitive.

When are you traveling?

Edited: 7:37 pm, April 30, 2012
Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
545 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

We are going in mid October so the prices are relatively cheaper.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

The prices I quoted are from late April through Nov I'm sorry to say, the cheapest room at LB is $230+.

Look at the HI, the staff is wonderful, good restaurant, and great happy hours. Rubin Chinnery plays there Fri, and it is a short drive to both CGB and Smuggler's Cove (and Long Bay). The rooms are very roomy and adequate (and spotless).

Otherwise look at the Elms and Rymers in CGB to be right on the beach, they are not terrible options, we just preferred Myett's. Try Mongoose Apts too. There are villas in CGB across the street. TTOL is a great resource too since many villas are advertised/sponsored on the BVI forum there.

Traveltalkonline.com

We often stay on the beach, but last visit we opted for the views and driving to the beaches and the HI really was a great stay, the views are extraordinary and the managers are great people, check my review and others.

Good luck, we love it there!

Edited: 9:36 pm, April 30, 2012
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

Check out Sebastian's in Apple Bay. October is a great time, lots of uncrowded beach right outside your door. In your budget too.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
545 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

Thanks to everyone for the help. Another couple is going with us now and we are renting the Sterling House Villa for the week after our sailboat charter!

So excited

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice hotel on beach!

Great, have a wonderful trip, reviews are excellent for the SH, sounds like paradise after paradise on the boat!