We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Yacht Charters

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Dream Yacht Charters

We are using this company for our bareboat charter in Oct. Does anyone have any experiences with this charter? Thanks

Tequesta, Florida
Level Contributor
157 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

I know the original message is old and that you have long since returned and vouched for Dream, but I just wanted to chime in as well since we returned last week from our first ever cat charter with Dream. I had a hard time finding info on them prior to our trip so I figured a note here couldn't hurt....I will do a trip report at some point....

We had a wonderful experience and they were easy to work with, Yann was great. We had 1 issue with our a/c while mooring at Cane Garden Bay and they arrived within an hour to fix it. They more than credited us for the night we spent without air (which I really recommend this time of year).

Fwiw, we chartered a 2012 Lagoon 40, called "Meercat"....4 double staterooms, 4 heads & 2 single beds (no a/c) in the fore peaks. We had 8 people aboard and sailed ourselves.

Beautiful location and much easier than I expected!

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

I'm very happy to hear that you received such good customer service. That is so important when you are chartering an unknown boat. We are looking forward to getting back there and seeing Yan again.

We love DYC. We used a different company in April and was so disappointed. I think we started with the best company there and are spoiled!

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

Lcrich56, Was/is your charter on one their Lagoon 450s? We will be chartering in October as well. Did you have any repair issues on your vessel? We are headed all the way over to the Spanish Virgin Islands and will not have any repair support and will be relying on the watermaker.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

Yes, we were on a 2012 Lagoon 450 - 4 cabin. We had one cabin that had a slight problem with the AC. That was the ONLY thing that was wrong for the whole week. Wow, what a great sail that will be!

Beverly Hills...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

We've been sailing with Tradewinds Cruise Club for the past 15yrs and their service/quality of meals/boat conditions, etc are wildly varied. Looking to try Dream Yacht Charters in the Bahamas to see if they would be a better match for us going forward. We cruise 2-3 times per year. Are their boats air conditioned and they actually run the a/c?

we are looking at cabin rental. Would appreciate any input on food, cleanliness, knowledgeable crew,

boat reliability. Also, if boat seems a little over crowded. Looking forward to your input. Thank you

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

Oops! Just saw your post! I haven't been on in awhile! My friend won it in a raffle at the boat show in Newport. Best trip ever but hopefully our trip next month will be even better!!!! So excited!!

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

I decided I don't have enough to say for a trip report but....

We loved Cape Air from SJU to Beef and back. What a great airline.

We used Dream Yacht Charters again and had a Lagoon 450 - 3 cabin.

Yes, my hubs and I had the large cabin, wow!!

DYC makes everything so easy and Yann, the dock manager is unbelievably easy to work with! His whole crew is courteous, smiling and so helpful. We asked for many extras and they accommodated us without a problem. We will have a tough time ever using another company. They DON'T ask that you count everything on board before leaving and again when you return! They don't dive the hull to see if you wrecked anything!

They trust us to tell them if there is a problem!

We used Riteway and Caribbean Cellars to provision. They both delivered during the day and we didn't get to the boat until late on a Saturday night (10/5). DYC had everything put away and stacked. Also had the A/C going and the music on low. Perfect way to end a day of travel!!

We love going in October, no crowds. We did find some places closed that we would have liked to eat at but no problem. We brought plenty of food.

We did miss dining at Sandcastle which was our favorite place last year.

This year we finally ate at Jumbies and swam in the pool. Nice. We did stay at Scrub one night dockside - pretty place, nice pool, food was just okay for the $$$.

The best snorkeling this year was the Great Dogs - wow, can't believe how clear it was. Saw a shark, stingray, turtles.

As always, can't wait to get back!

Just kidding about the bad and ugly part

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

We chartered 2 skippered 47' Catanas out of Marigot, St. Martin for one week.

Pros: 1). Base staff mixed reviews; the girls (who really run the place) especially Daphne are terrific, very efficient and caring. The men are the opposite. Never was introduced to or met the base manager, never saw him get out of his chair. One of the check-in boys just wanted to argue with me when I told him our air conditioner did not work properly, insisting it did. 2) Catana's sailed very well; fast stable platform, all lines, including 3 reefing lines efficiently run to the helm, electric winches, quiet generator, Built -in battery charger/inverter, water maker (very good feature). 3) The skippers were excellent sailors, and very friendly (our skipper was from Guadeloupe, and really didn't know the Leewards very well.

Cons: 1) Catana salon, staterooms, storage, are not very cruising friendly. Galley is tiny and very inefficient. Heads are manual pump. Chartplotter display is inside and difficult to get to from helm. Sight lines from either helm is very poor. 2) Of the two boats we had, one (Turkana) was one year old and in very good condition, all systems worked well. The other boat (Mont Blanc) was two years old and very poorly maintained. In addition to the air conditioning, (especially on the starboard side of the boat barely worked, kept cycling on and off and temperature never got below 28 degrees C., even at night), the anchor chain was so rusty, it kept hanging up when deployed, and had to be constantly manhandled to release it, the exterior seat cushions were all ripped at the seams with the foam coming out, the mesh trampoline had a hole in it, there was considerable corrosion below decks, there were no operator manuals for any of the systems on board, and even though we had skippers, our skipper had not sailed a catamaran for 15 years!

Conclusion: If you're going to charter with Dream Yachts, insist on a new boat, and if you can get a Robertson and Caine Leopard rather than a Catana in the 47-50 foot class, you'l find the cruising comfort a lot better.

Michigan
Level Contributor
495 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

Tagging onto this thread as there are very few on Dream Yacht Charters. :-)

We're looking to charter a 38/40 foot catamaran for Spring of 2015 and I've sent an email off to DYC to inquire about their flotillas. We're sailing with our two college aged kids (plus maybe a two of their friends) and were thinking the flotilla concept would be a good experience for the kids - rather than "just" mom & dad. :-)

Has anyone had experience with a flotilla? Either with DYC or another company?

Thanks!

Julie

Chris Sandeman
Level Contributor
3 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Dream Yacht Charters

We're currently on a charter with these guys out of Martinique. They are incredibly unprofessional. Our boat had a fire the first night, and they yelled at us for "wasting" an extinguisher, and not using water intead. On an electrical fire. That's just one example of the laundry list of issues starting with derogatorily rude service and ends with a giant carpet growing on the hull...broken doors, overheating engines, and of course them lying about the boat speed (15-20 knots? Try 7-10 knots in 30 knot winds). Email me for more details and advice, but seriously this organization doesn't hold a candle to other charters we're used.