We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

Oakland, CA
8 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

I'm looking for a place to spend my honeymoon this June in the BVI. I really want a place on the beach (a swimable, non rocky, good snorkeling beach) where I can hear/see/smell the sea lapping near by. Originally I was hoping for a place in Cane Garden Bay, but the few beach front properties I've looked into are booked already. I'm thinking of branching out to some of the other islands, like Anegada, Virgin Gorda or Jost Van Dyke. Ideally, I'd like to not spend more than $300/night. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much. Bej.

Mentioned in this post
Cane Garden Bay
Cane Garden Bay
955 Reviews
Tortola
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Jost Van Dyke
Jost Van Dyke
British Virgin Islands
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

You might want to check Sandcastle on White Bay, Jost Van Dyke. Their website is http://www.sandcastle-bvi.com . Another place I would suggest would be Guavaberry Spring Bay, Virgin Gorda. Their website is http://www.guavaberryspringbay.com . Either of these fit your criteria and your budget. Best Wishes!

Mentioned in this post
White Bay
White Bay
610 Reviews
Jost Van Dyke
Jost Van Dyke
Jost Van Dyke
British Virgin Islands
Spring Bay
Spring Bay
246 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

On Anegada, you could check Cow Wreck cottages, website http://www.cowwreck.net. Anegada Seaside Cottages, website http://www.anegadavillas.com , Anegada Beach Cottages, website http://www.anegadabeachcottages.com , or Lavenda Breeze Villa, website http://www.lavendabreeze.com .

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,456 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

Check out rental villas on Mahoe Bay, Virgin Gorda. You can do a goole search for "Mahoe Bay Villas, Virgin Gorda - you'll find scores of links. Also check out www.virgingordabvi.com/villas/mahoe/ for starters.

The units are all upscale homes - you'll find beachfront villas that are literally steps from a wonderful light golden sand beach and beach access villas with the furthest house being only a few minutes walk from the beach. All have fantastic views of neighboring islands and the setting sun. There's an excellent snorkeling reef just yards off shore and the crystal clear waters are very calm. There's an excellent Italian Restaurant (Georgio's) within walking distance. It's the best location on Virgin Gorda.

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

Bejie, Anegada is beautiful, but it is more remote than any of the other islands. That may be exactly what you are looking for or not. Of the places you mentioned, VG probably offers the most activities, then JVD, then Anegada. I suggest that you do some research, then decide which island best matches the kind of experience you are seeking. Congrats and good luck!

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
109 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

IMHO- White Bay is the finest, most relaxing stretch of beach in the world. I know that sounds strong, but where else can you find mild (but not missing) surf, white/perfect sand, a little history and intrigue (the home of the Painkiller)and seclusion (tough to get to even by sailboat/dinghy)...yet nearby access to world class night life and entertainment(Foxy's, Corsairs, etc).

Mentioned in this post
White Bay
White Bay
610 Reviews
Jost Van Dyke
Foxy's
Foxy's
658 Reviews
Jost Van Dyke
Oakland, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

Thanks all, for your suggestions. I will look into them. If there are other places on Tortola that are just as nice (as CGB) I'm open to that as well.

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

Cooper Island Beach Club

Marina Cay

Guavaberry

Anyplace on Anegada

lap lap lap

view view view

snorkel snorkel snorkel

Mentioned in this post
Cooper Island Beach Club
Cooper Island Beach Club
233 Reviews
Cooper Island
New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

If Jost Van Dyke is your choice, and Sandcastle is booked, you might want to consider Sandy Ground. It seems to meet your needs - directly on a beach protected by a reef with good snorkeling. Many honeymooners like it; however it is a world apart from the activities of places like Cane Garden Bay. There are a couple of reviews on this website - see Sandy Ground Estates.

Mentioned in this post
Jost Van Dyke
Jost Van Dyke
British Virgin Islands
Cane Garden Bay
Cane Garden Bay
955 Reviews
Tortola
Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

On Jost, you may also want to try Perfect Pineapple. It's behind the Sandcastle up a hill (a STEEP hill). It's maybe a 3 minute walk to the Sandcastle. Walk down is nothing, walk up is a bit tougher.

albany
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a place on the beach in the BVI

You must stay at Fort Recovery. Check out their website www.fortrecovery.com. My husband and I spent our 25th there, and the following Thanksgiving with our children, their husband, boyfriends, etc. sister and brother in law. I cried when I ate my Thanksgiving dinner on the porch at sunset. It's a memory burned into my brain!