We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

Euless, TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

we are doing a sailboat that will depart from Nanny Cay area Marina . We are flying in and out of the airport at "Beef Island" Need a room for a night after we return from our 7 day sail. We depart our charter after breakfast and will be spending the night in Tortola. would like to find a place to stay somewhat near the airport as we have a 10:00 a.m. departure home, but would like to experience some beach and nightlife in Tortola. First time to the BVI's ..would the Jolly roger be a ggod place for us as well.? Just don't want a long trip to the airpot in the morning.

thanks

Scatos Bus N Taxi - Tours
Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

The Jolly Roger is in Sopers Hole/West End. Beef Island is opposite, on east End of Tortola.

If you want to savor beach & night life, stay somewhere at Cane Garden Bay for a night, even though it also is away from airport. But a nice ride in the morning over the mountains is always thrilling!

You also might check-out Tamarind Club near Josiah's Bay - closer to airport, great food, fab bar. A little walk to the beach, but we had it all to ourselves!

Euless, TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

thanks for the info I saw some pictures of the "Long Bay Beach" it looked absolutly beautiful. Is it worth trying to get there or is the Cane Garden bay beach just as good. A drive through the mountains in the morning sounds fun.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

Tamarind Club is ideal, about 10 min. drive/taxi to the airport, walking distance of Josiah's Bay Beach, Great pool with swim-up bar, and fantastic food.

Euless, TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

I take it Yank that this is a picture of the beach you are talking about? Now you wouldn't be yanking my chain would you? lol anyway thanks for the info will look it up ..do they hae a web site.?

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

The beach in the picture is Loblolly Bay, Anegada. Josiah's Bay is also a very scenic and beautiful beach. The Tamarind Club website is http://www.tamarindclub.com . I believe there is a photo or two of Josiah's on the website or you could do an image search on Yahoo or Google for more photos.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one night stand for 2 near Beef Island

Personally, I'd stay at the Beef Island Guest House. It is LITERSLLY walking distance, maybe 100 flat yarts, from the airport. It is located on Trellis Bay which is a bit of an artists colony...also right there is a small grocery, some shops, etc. You can also go to the little Cay right there where they have some of the BEST food around AND a nightly comedy/guitar type of show. Plus, you can also go over to Marina Cay via free ferry for a dinner/drinks as well.

If you're sailing, I hope you've gotten your copy of Cruising Guide to the Virgin Islands. Not only will it be invaluable to you for sailing, snorkeling, restaurants, anchorages, bars, etc., but it describes if detail the places I've just described.

Have fun. Wish I was going TOMORROW!