We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

asuncion
8 posts
Save Topic
long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

I'm going to tortola for my honeymoon in june and i have decided to stay at the long bay beach resort but would like to know about the sugar mill hotel as well. which one do you recommend?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

Well what do you like to do and why did you choose Long Bay?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

Sugar Mill is small, very private, romantic, and has an excellent up-scale restaurant. Accommodations are more appropriate for couples than for families. Sugar Mill is very highly rated among Caribbean hotels.

Long Bay is larger, with more extensive grounds, and attracts more family groups

Either way, you will probably want to rent a jeep so that you can visit all of Tortola's lovely beaches and interesting restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
asuncion
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

From the pictures on the Internet, i'm considering staying at the beachfront cabana at long bay, and the sugar mill doesn't seem to have a room that nice. I have found very few pictures of the sugar mill.

brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
438 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

We stayed in a beachfront cabana at Long Bay two years ago and loved it. The sound of the ocean was always present in the room and I loved the hammock right down the steps. The room itself was very basic (not upscale at all) but very clean and we had no complaints.

Although Long Bay attracts families, we always stay in June and it is never crowded. We have had the pool to ourselves several days!

asuncion
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

thank you so much!!!

6. Re: long bay beach resort or sugar mill hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 29, 2009