We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dear Caribsurfer...

Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dear Caribsurfer...

Which island is your favorite island and why? And why do you like Tortola better than Antigua?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dear Caribsurfer...

Of the 25+ islands I've visited my 4 favorite islands in order of preference are:

Virgin Gorda - wonderful uncrowded light sand beaches lapped by gin clear torquoise blue waters, very good to excellent off-beach snorkeling, terrific views of neighboring islands, interesting flaura & fauna, easy access to other islands, several upscale resorts, access to all kinds of watersports, lots of rental villas and plenty of good to excellent restaurants.

Nevis - for its lush rain forests, friendly local, attractive palm tree lined beaches that are virtually empty, old world Caribbean charm, old ruins to explore, hiking trails, smaller upscale plantation inns, excellent dining and lots of peace and quiet.

Anguilla for it's 35 stunning white sand beaches and 80+ restaurants.

St. Barths for upscale shopping, upscale villas and resorts, 100's of French restaurants and better than average beaches.

I liked Tortola much better than than Antigua because it is close in topography to Virgin Gorda, has access to wonderful beaches, good restaurants, decent shopping and plenty of watersports. I've been to tortola about four times and have always enjoyed my visits.

Antigua is one of my least favorite islands, it's too crowded for me, the beaches, while plentiful (some say there are 365 of them) are just average, it's not a very lush island, I didn't find the locals to be friendly or helpful. As far as Antigua is concerned, I've been there, done that and don't have to do it again. My other least favorite islands are Providenciales in the T&C's and Nassau and Cat Island in the Bahamas.

2. Re: Dear Caribsurfer...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands