We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island to choose?

Level Contributor
120 posts
91 reviews
Which island to choose?

Trying to choose between BVI, Turks & Caicos or Bonaire. Traveling with my husband and possible with our two grown children and their boyfriend and girlfriend. We all love the beach, snorkeling, eating out. Not into the late nightlife. Trying to get

away from a lot of loud crowds and unruly children.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Which island to choose?

I think most people on this board would be in favor of BVI. If you have specific questions about BVI's than ask away.

BVI beaches are nice and snorkeling is good. Some of the islands are very small, so there may not be a ton of options for eating out.

Try to drill it down ever further and figure out your budget. The forum may be able to give you some lodging suggestions according to your price range.

Good Luck.

Boston
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Which island to choose?

From those choices I would choose the BVI and Tortola in particular as the eating options on VG are rather limited. I would do a couple of day trips to Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda. The other suggestion I would make which is not on your list is St Croix. It has the best restaurants in the VI in my opinion (hands down) and has the other things you seek. I cannot comment on Bonaire or Turks and Caicos because I have not been to them.

3. Re: Which island to choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 18, 2012