We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Anegada Right for Me?

missouri
3 posts
Save Topic
Is Anegada Right for Me?

Planning for May'06 for 7 days. Thinking about Anegada. However, also would like to make day trips to Tortola/Virgin Gorda to explore.

Issues:

1. Like to party - want my willy-t shirt!

2. want to lay out au natural and have other have "fun" w/o prying eyes

Is Anegada the right choice or too isolated?

Thoughts?

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Anegada Right for Me?

Anegada is very remote and laid back. There are only maybe 100 residents on the island. In fact, I think there may be more cows than people! It's definitely NOT a party all night type crowd at all. Sure, there are beach bars, but nothing too wild that I've seen.

The BVI residents as a whole are very conservative and very religious. I've never seen anywhere designated as a nude beach area (that's in the entire BVI).

As for the Willy-T, it's located at Norman Island and the only way to get there is by sailboat. The ferries do not run there on a regular schedule. This is the one place where people drink a lot then jump nude from the second story of a moored boat. I don't think it happens every day - it just depends on the crowd at the time.

You wouldn't want to stay in Anegada and try and made day trips to Tortola or Virgin Gorda as it would get difficult and expensive. Anegada is one of those places that you would make as the destination for a day trip, in my opinion.

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Anegada Right for Me?

think you should consider Tortola if you are looking for "night" life. another suggestion is St. John usvi...many bars/restaurants and dancing on most nights. both islands have alot to offer except nude sunbathing...not to say no one does it on a secluded beach, but....if caught you'll be fined. this is not acceptable / legal on these islands!!! Anegada is a beautiful island/very laid back but not alot of night happenings. also acessing tortola/vg/willie T is not a day trip from there. staying on st.john or tortola it's easier to day trip.think about a night or two on Jost Van Dyke/just off tortola/great beautiful island and at any given time quite "happening" !!

Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands