We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Course

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Course

It appears that the course is not in great condition however for a relaxing morning or afternoon, is it worth it to go out? Are there club rentals available & if so, how much & what are the green fees?

18 replies to this topic
Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
89 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Course

I love to play golf, but wouldn't consider losing a day on St. maarten playing that course. There is little grass in the fairways and the greens look really bad. Unless you need a golf "fix" really bad, find another way to use your precious time in SXM.

Go to Mullet Beach behind the course and have some of Rosie's ribs and a cold Presidente instead. JMO

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Course

I agree with Dave. Unless you are in desperate need to play a round , you can find a better use of your time.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
472 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Course

Third strike against even thinking about it. Worst course I have ever played ....twice>>>did'nt finish either round by choice. Rental clubs are awful. Find ANY other way to spend the time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Course

Worst golf course I've ever seen. Literally, the Bronx has better courses. Don't bother.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Course

that kinda sums it up doesn't it

Newtown, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Course

The issue with the course is that they don't have a watering system. My husband who plays some of the best courses in the country will still play because there is snow on the ground at home and he can't play at home. That being said, If the island has had a heavy rainfall, the course will play better. As far as renting clubs, I do hear they aren't the greatest, but we always bring our own. The area has not recoverd since the storms of 1995, the old buildings are now gone, and just waiting for the next announcement!!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,359 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Course

You could go for a day to Anguilla, the golf course is in a great condition, but a bit pricey

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Course

As one person stated - it is better than any golf course up north in January - especially this year! We are planning our annual Winter golf vacation for 2015 and St Maarten is on the list. Having golfed many golf courses in the Caribbean from White Witch in Jamaica (one of the best) to Cedar Valley in Antigua (one of the worst), just hitting the ball is better than shoveling snow! Does anyone know what are the green fees and carts for Mullet Bay GC and how do you make tee time reservations?

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf Course

I hear ya and I am a die hard golfer but we were just through the golf course last week...you could not pay me to play there...what a piece of crap.

Mount Airy...
Level Contributor
1 post
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf Course

Yeah - I gotta pile on w/ the negative reviews. It's like playing in a parking lot with a constant 20 mph wind. I actually broke my PW there the ground was so hard. No fun at all. Go to a beach bar and drink your greens fee!

Reply to: Golf Course
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mullet Bay