We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

Annapolis,Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

Hi we are going to St Martin for the first time and staying at Hotel L'Espande what type of electrical adapter is needed we are bringing our digital camera stuff and want to make sure we have what we need. Also any reccomendations on good places for breakfast and dinner?? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dawn

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

Dawn - get one that is labeled "carribbean". I got mine at Target and actually included 5 different ones for each type that i may need (UK, Asia, etc). i think the set only cost around $15 or $20.

I always just have breakfast at the Grand Case Beach Club since it is included in my hotel package so I can't make a recommendation. For dinner - you can easily walk into Grand Case. Spiga is the closest restuarant to you and my favorite. Great Italian food. Also try the Lolos in the center of Grand Case.

New Jersew
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

I stay on the Dutch side and don't need an adapter

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

Dutch side is the same as US. French side is.... well, French!

Annapolis,Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

Thank you so much for your help!!

Dawn

Phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
471 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

If you are staying at L'Esplanade, they probably have adapters that they will provide to you if you send them an email. Their sister hotel, Le Petit has provided one for us both times we have stayed, at no charge.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

A great breakfast place is Kangaroo Court in Philipsberg....and Ze Best in Simpson Bay and Marigot...one of the 3 best places for croissants on the island...Also great Breakfast at Marigot on the Marina, can't remember the name, but just around the corner from Z Best in Marigot..

Moncton, NB
Level Contributor
496 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

Is there a difference between an 'adapter' and a 'converter'? I am staying on the French side as well next weekend. Aren't the converters just to convert the outlets to "normal" North American outlets. But what about the voltage?....isn't it 220v and not the standard 110V?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

NewBTraveler - yes you are right. You will need a converter to convert the 220 to 110 (Unless you have an appliance that has a switch that goes betwween the two - some hair dryers do) and also an adapter to make the plug fit into the wall.

9. Re: What type of electrical adapter is needed /good restrarants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 23, 2009