We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

Fifteen nights at Grand Case Beach Club and only good things to say. VERY friendly staff from front desk to grounds to maintenance to housekeeping (hi M. Santana) Mgt at this venue is exceptional and on top of everything. Weather was mostly good with a couple of cloudy days which provided a much needed break from the sun. Best New restaurant was Villa Royale good food,service and price. Old Standbys Blue Martini, Calmos, Rib Shack and Il Nettuno did not disappoint. Oh And Lees Roadside Grill for Lunch down on the Dutch side is wonderful. Wife did the Try Diving program at Octopus Diving THESE GUYS WERE EXCEPTIONAL! and I reviewed them so check it out Did the nature hike at Loterie farms.. This is a real hike not a walk and we founfd it challenging but fun. Also went to Fort Louis again if you are old like us...take your time.. Orient beach we stayed at Palm Beach..we like the service and it is a little away from the hustle and Bustle.. Go to Paradise view (between the residential entrance to orient bay and the Buuterfly farm road), On the top of the hill Very good restaurant there and some gift shops but MOST IMPORTANTLY go see the lady helping the cats.. Buy something or just give her some money...she is legit and doing her part to help solve the cat overpopulation at SXM..Again, she is legit. All in all agreat vacation where we saw old friends and made some new ones. Au Revoir.. Bishop...p.s. we rented our car from Prestige at GCBC and had no problems...there have been a lot of threads about this lately so I thought I would throw that in....also this post is longer than I meant for it to be!!!! LOL

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

Not to long at all! So glad you had a good time. Bernadine at Paradise View is a wonderful lady that can use the help, for sure. Also love the restaurant there.

Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

Thanks sxmlover! I always forget to ask her name but she is so appreciative. 8 summers in a row at Grand case.... don't you owe us a drink by now??? Just kidding and thanks for all the info you give folks about SXM. Bish

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
3 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

Where is Villa Royale located in Grand Case?

Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

It is on Grand Case Blvd, the main drag. not on the beach side. in my mind the places sort of run together but it is closer to the bridge end of the blvd as opposed to where the blvd connects to the main road. enjoy bish

5. Re: Trip report (not long) ok..a little long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 29, 2014