We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car vs taxis

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
renting a car vs taxis

would you consider using a taxi to go from L'Esplanade to say... Orient Beach? or to travel anywhere else on the island? We will be there for a week, I think we will realxing on the beach for the majority of the time- Just wondering if it is worth it to rent a car. Or if it would be easier to take a cab.

thanks

Danny

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
221 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: renting a car vs taxis

But isn't parking a problem?

My parents are staying at the Holland House Beach and I know the Hotel doen't have a parking lot. Is it ok to park on the streets? How hard would be to find a spot in January?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,743 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: renting a car vs taxis

There are strict parking rules and signs are posted on Front Street - generally there is NO PARKING allowed. I suggest you check with Holland House to see if they have made arrangements for guest parking.

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
221 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: renting a car vs taxis

Is it possible to park anywhere on the island?

Even if a bit further to the Front Street?

Boston
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: renting a car vs taxis

I just got back from St. Martin on Saturday and rented the small size car for Unity Car Rental for $25 a day. They are awesome don't worry that the rental lot is a dirty parking on a back road they are very friendly and we had no issues with the car because it was new.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: renting a car vs taxis

Lots of free parking all over the island. Just not so much around Philipsburg. They could park on Pondfill Road, but I don't think I would leave a car there overnight.

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
221 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: renting a car vs taxis

IEveryone keeps saying Philipsburg gets deat at night. I was just wondering if that's even on hight season (January)

Fairhope, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: renting a car vs taxis

We just returned from St. Martin after staying a week (Nov. 12-19). We were extremely pleased with Michael at Unity Car Rental. He gave us a great price for the week and then upgraded us to a bigger car at no charge and without being asked. One advantage to dealing with a small reputable company is no lines at check in. I would highly recommend Unity.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: renting a car vs taxis

Philipsburg is mostly shops and businesses, which close by 6. There are bars and restaurants that stay open late, but it's still a fairly quiet place after dark.

19. Re: renting a car vs taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, November 25, 2012