We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand case to Happy Bay

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Grand case to Happy Bay

Is it possible to walk along the beach from Grand Case to Happy Bay? I remember last time driving to Friar's beach and hiking through trails/woods to get there. I just wondered if walking beachfront from GC is an option.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,486 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

No, the beaches do not connect.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

OK. So driving to Friars Beach and hiking it is :) Thanks for your always helpful advise.

Michigan
Level Contributor
245 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

We took the hike from Friars to Happy Bay, it take about 15-20 min. It was ok but I was really happy at Friars.

Glencoe, Illinois
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

There's also supposed to be an easier way if you take the right hand turn just after leaving Grand Case. I've never done it but plan to try this year as I hear it's an easier walk. Can anyone explain those directions?

Edited: 11:17 am, January 24, 2012
New York City
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

It's more like a 10 minute walk from friars I did it yesterday.

Maine
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

Walk along Grand Case Beach to the far end next to a cemetary.

follow the dirt path and look for orange spots, Climb a small wall, follow the dirt road make a right toward the water. It is a 10 min walk from grand case. You can also drive to the spot by the cemetary and walk from there if you are not staying on Grand Case.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

We tried to walk this route last week - way too many cows and calves! They blocked our path so we had to return to Grand Case.

8. Re: Grand case to Happy Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 01, 2014