We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places for dinner french side

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Fl
12 posts
Save Topic
best places for dinner french side

We will be in St. Martin for only two evenings. Would appreciate recomendations for the best restaurants on the French side.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places for dinner french side

What is "best" to me may not be "best" for you or "best" to another poster.

I suggest you visit Grand Case as there is where you will find the most concentration of fine French dining. You walk the entir4 length of the street ands review the menus posted outside and from that perhaps make a selectioon or two.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best places for dinner french side

As you have 2 evenings I'd recommend you follow Bobcat's advise the 1st night & do the same thing the next evening except this time walk round Marina Port Royale in Marigot.

Edited: 5:52 pm, January 31, 2010
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
463 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places for dinner french side

Here's a short list:

Marigot: Tropicana (Marina), Claudes Mini Club (wonderful "fresh" buffet with lobster plus, all the wine you can drink and entertainment) on Wed or Saturday, La Vie en Rose.

Cupecoy (actually Dutch side) Temptation or Rare. Culinary Institute of America St. Martin resident trained chef. Unique.

Grand Case.Spiga (Italian-usually $1=1E for cash) and Le Prssoir.

I would consider all but Claudes expensive to very exoensive and all are great options.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best places for dinner french side

Just returned last night from St Martin and went to Le Pressoir, Grand-Case on our last night. The meal was one of the best I have had... world-wide... and I would go back to the island merely to savour their carefully prepared, award winning food. Absolutely first class.

Take a look at www.bestgastronomy.com and it will show recommended first class restaurants, together with menus and a few recipes.

Have fun... I am very, very envious.

Julie

ny
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best places for dinner french side

I agree to walk the "Grand Case strip" and look at the menus, peek into the restaurants. You will be sure to find a world class restaurant for each of your 2 nights. We found L'Auberge Gourmande on our first trip to SXM and it was excellent.

6. Re: best places for dinner french side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 03, 2010