We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

Virginia
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

Hi,

Well since my favorite restaurant Sebastiano's is no longer in business ...any suggestions for a romantic dinner that's not going to cost us an arm and a leg? Thanks in advance.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

That's a tough question to answer because if they have the romance, the price is will follow. I know that Sol E Luna is one of the most romantic restaurants I have heard people talk about (never been there) and it's near Grand Case (Cul de Sac area) but you should go on-line to check out their prices.

Also, you can always walk down restaurant row in Grand Case and check the menus of the places facing the water and get a balcony view. That way you know the prices going in and what they have to offer.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,377 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

I second sxmluver's suggestions, a nice walk along Grand Case Blvd and surely a restaurant will catch your eye.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,377 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

I should also mention for a "somewhat inexpensive" dinner in Grand Case you might try Brasserie des Iles, this is the place frequented by the Gendarmerie so you'll not only save money you'll feel very safe too!!

In Marigot Marina Port La Royale is La Petite Auberge des Iles, offering completer dinners for about US 30.00 p.p. with water views of the marina area.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

There are a couple of Mcdonald's on the Island and also a Burger King. I would suggest Mcdonald's, atmosphere is a little nicer.

Rhode Island USA
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

What? No Taco Bell in hthe mix? LOL

I like this thread, as I will be spending my birthday in SXM in February. Would love to give hubby some ideas!

Keep 'em coming!

Liz

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

I personally like Tutta Pasta, eating on the rooftop deck is so wonderful.

cherry hill,nj
Level Contributor
132 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

I love La Belle Epoque in the Marigot harbor area. Ask for a quiet table inside on the side. I have eaten there many times. They make excellent salads and pizza. By SXM standards, they are very reasonible. In SXM, nothing is inexpensive. Bistro Nu near La Rue de la Republique in Marigot is real nice local place....also good food with good value....authentic food...very few tourists.

ny
Level Contributor
219 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

We had a very romantic dinner at L'California. Dimly lit table on a balcony overlooking the sea with a nice warm breeze. They don't charge extra if you pay in USD. Total bill for 2 came to about $100. The cute French waitress was an added bonus!

World
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

The new restaurant Le Shore in Grand Case is romantic and hip.... go on a Thursday night when Betti V is singing.

Sol E Luna really romantic but not cheap.

Loterie Farm up in hills is a bit different, we find it romantic and good value. The food is divine.

SXM Uncovered guide www.st-martin-maarten offers voucher for some of the best restaurants. Check it out.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most romantic (somewhat inexpensive - lol) Restaurant

Love Betty V!