We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
upstate ny
6 posts
Save Topic
First Visit

We are planning on visiting in Feb. and have decided on staying in Grand Case in a cottage on the beach. Hoping this a good idea.

Looking for ideas on transportation to/from airport as well as getting around island. Thinking we can get mopeds or bikes.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

upstate ny
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: First Visit

Do you think this will be very noisy at night? I really don't want to be in the middle of town where there is loud noise all night long.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First Visit

Grand Case is as quiet as a mouse....I'm not sure if you will be next door to a beach bar but even if youi are it's generally very low key in this little fishing village,mostly restaurants..a few shops...hotels....

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First Visit

I agree that Grand Case is generally a quiet town but as Bobcat mentioned, if you are near a beach bar, you may have a little noise but I can't imagine much. I read the reviews and not once did anyone mentioned any noise so I think you should be safe. They would have certainly mentioned it if it was an annoyance.

Now keep in mind that during the high season they have a street parade every Tuesday evening (I think). You may encounter noise then but it will be GOOD noise (Music, people, and laughter) and you'll probably be so happy for it. It's a fun evening for everyone.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First Visit

I'm glad SXMluver brought up the Tuesday night events in Grand Case. i had forgotten (getting old I guess) about Harmoney nights - you're going to love this event -

Here is the link to the full details

http://www.grandcase.com/harmony.html

Lodnon
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First Visit

Best is to rent a car... renting a moped can be a bit crazy. You definitely need transportation though, to get around island and see different places. When you're in GC, make sure you visit Bistro Caraibes, Spiga and the Cottage (our favourites!!).

We found www.st-martin-maarten.com really helpful in planning trip and deciding where to go.

Enjoy!!

upstate ny
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: First Visit

Thanks for all your help. I was a little uncomfortable sending in my contract for this property but am very excited now. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the time approaches.

17. Re: First Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 16, 2010