We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

Hi, can anyone suggest a place for us to stay (villa or hotel). We would like a quite place with a pool, kitchen and a seperate bedroom. Grand Case beach looks like a good spot for us because we like to walk a fair bit. Any ideas? ?

Dank u wel et merci beaucoup,

Rick

maryland
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

I think Grand Case Beach Club would be a great choice. You can walk in Grand Case on the beach but the beach is very narrow and in spots, you will have to walk in shallow water. At night, when the tide comes in, there is really no beach left. GCBC is a great place for kids - the water is warm and calm and the condos are great for a family.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

I think GCBC is a good choice for small kids, the rooms have efficiency kitchens and you can even let them nap during the day while you put your feet in the water right outside the door or they can nap in one of the hammocks on the beach. The beach is kid friendly, there is a pool and a small restaurant, also kid friendly.

We go to SXM every year and have a 5 year and 1 year old. Other places you should check out are Alamanda and Carribean Princess Condos all on orient beach, They also have kitchens and are very new and clean

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

Thank you cmaro and cartera45,

The GCBC sounds like the place for us.

Do you suggest a specific suite# that will allow us to let the kids nap in the room, but us still be on the beach?

Any suggestion on what a good price is (or how to get the best price?)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

Don't know the suite # but you want the ocean side, first floor, to the left of the restaurant if you're facing the water. that side has a low retaining wall and you can wade around in the water or lay on a chair right outside your room. At low tide you might be able to sneak a chaise on a patch of sand. The area I'm referring to is pictured on WIOL.com at :

wiol.com/st-martin-st-maarten/…default.html

The other side where the actual beach is may be a little too far to leave the kids in the room (unless you have a powerful monitor), although you can nap them on hammocks under the trees at the edge of the beach.

Also, write ahead to make sure you get the townhouse apt with an upstairs and kitchen, a crib or a pack and play reserved as well as a vcr if your kids have videos. I think a continental breakfast (coffee, pastries) at the sunset cafe' may also be included.

Enjoy!

maryland
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

The area referred to with the retaining wall is where we stayed. You would definietly be able to sit outside at the wall overlooking the beach while the kids sleep - baby monitor would even work that far. Our housekeeper was wonderful and she told us that she did some babysitting too - I would not have hesitated to use her. Of course, I can't remember her name ...

toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

Hi Rick,

Like you I will be travelling to SXM with my 2 small children in the spring 2006. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 yr wedding anniversary and have decided to travel back to SXM....prior to our children we travelled threre at least twice a year and we haven't been back since. So like you I am researching a good hotel that will meet my needs for the children. Kindly let me know where you have stayed and if it was sufficent for you family. Many Thank

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going at St Martin for 2 weeks at Xmas with an infant and 2...

a suggestion for a beach day trip, not far from GCBC

the best beach on the island for babies is Le Galion

reef protected beach, shallow, very little current,

snack bar,you can rent chairs/umbrella for the day $20us.

there are many beautiful beaches on island but many have large surf and current