We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental cars

Wilmington, Delaware
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental cars

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place to rent a car at the airport in St. Maarten? Are there many choices? And also what is the average price for an 8-day rental?

Thanks,

islandreams_8

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental cars

I suggest you not wait until you are at the airport to rent a car. Go on line to one of the discount sites, if you are staying at a timeshare and belong to II or RCI check their site or check your airline site for car rentals and book. When you arrive you will have your confirmation and all you need do is to stop at the booth and sign the rental agreement, then shuttle over to the car lot to pick up your car.

There are many agencies and you will hear many recommendations.

As for us, we always use Hertz. The Hertz on Sint Maarten includes the liability coverage in the quoted rate you get from any outside source so all you will need is the CDW/LDW coverage than most credit cards provide. Bes sure to check with your CC company to be sure they will cover you. If the do simply decline the coverage offered by the agency for CDW/LDW.

Prices vary from agency to agency and from season to season and car type - expect to pay $130-200 range plus tax -

Here are a small sampling of agencies

http://www.sxm-cars.com/

Wilmington, Delaware
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental cars

Thank you. Great advice.

NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental cars

Just get a rental from Safari rentals at the airport. That's what we did last year and will do again this year. They're pretty good and pick u up right at the airport and take u to your car.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental cars

I always use Hertz. I can them for reservations over the Us phone number and the rate is always better than the internet quotes. Car is always ready when I get there.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
465 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental cars

I booked from Ace/Panaramic car rental for $107 for the week - I researched & e-mailed Mohammed

for Sep't - Toyota carolla or simular

6. Re: Rental cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 06, 2009