We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
641 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

We arrive in Grand Case in Two weeks. I am assuming with the Dollar so weak to the Euro the 1 for 1 deals in Grand Case are a thing of the past? Anyone have information that would be different?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
757 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

Some places are still doing it, some have an exchange rate of 1:1.2.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
641 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

Thank you!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

Just for your info. Spicy does $1.00-1,00 Euro and the food is the best in Grand Case ! TheTuna Carpaccio is fantastic !

Excellent menu and the service is very special. You will know what I mean once you meet the owner Sophie, as she really has a special touch. You can't go wrong eating here !

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

Does anyone know if La California is still doing 1 to 1? We will be leaving for SXM in 22 days!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
757 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

Recent reports indicate they are.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

FYI they have changed hands and it is no longer the same owner. IMO it is not as good as it used to be.

Have a great trip.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

RAMY, when did they change hands? We were there last October and it seemed the same to me.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
757 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

December or January I think. We were there in late November and saw Zuzu meeting with the buyers.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

one of the small grocery/liquor stores traded 1 for 1 when we were there Sept. 6th. You have to eat at Spicy's. The food is unbelievable and it and the restaurant called Spiga (never ate there) still are taking one for one. Sophie, the owner at Spicy's said they take it all year long. Eat the appetizier that is snails and puffed pastry. It is to die for. All their food is great. For snorkeling go down to Octopus and tell John Dennis & Mary-Clare from Dallas recommended him. He does great & cheap snorkeling trips. He's from Canada and very nice and accomodating.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 for 1 a thinkg of the past?

We were there from 11-15 SEP and numerous places were still offering 1:1, including California. This only applies if you are paying cash, though, not credit cards.