We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

Boston
5 posts
Save Topic
Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

They gave my wife and I a price for the car for the week then when you drop it off they add fake fees and taxes more then douple the price we were told ! they even tried to add on damage on the car that we did not commit !!! stay far far far away from them Best Deal car rentle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have been going to the Islans for years we always used Paradise !!! never had a problem with them.

Like they say if somthing os not broke dont fix it !

Best Deal will tell you that that price is finnal but on the day you leave thier is nothing you can do but pay it !!!! they got mee I hope not you !!!! Grand Case was greatttttttttt

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,748 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

Ummm... the LAST place I would rent is a big name. There is no standard and nothing is enforced. Most issues people experience are with the big names. They're not necessarily known for their service and are notorious for adding costs on at the end.

rhode island
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

How much should I expect to pay per week for car rental? I got a quote for $250. usd.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

Stay away from big names? That is so not true! That is horrible advice. I use to haggle with all the small time dealers such as Safari and others. Big headache, worn down cars and absolutely no management to complain to... only to save a whopping $30-40. My time is much more valuable than dealing with poor customer service for hours.

The facts are if you want to know what you are getting and you have your frequent user account with a major rental car agency than go that route. Otherwise roll the dice with the lessor rental companies. It may work out and save yourself a few dollars but otherwise you are asking for a big headache. I think the gentleman's complaint about Best Deal echos my sentiment.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,748 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

Sorry you feel that way. It's advise many long time visitors would give, however. The big names do not have a stellar reputation for customer service on SXM. And when folks get home and complain to the "head office", they find that other than the name, there is no back-up provided.

It's been my experience and that of many others. We stick with the locals.

15. Re: Best deal car rentle is a rip off stay far away from them !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 12, 2009