We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

We are two couples travelling this summer and we're staying at a resort in Simpson Bay. I was wondering how far we are from the center of town where we could do a little shopping. We are not going to rent a car. Are buses easily accessible??

Mentioned in this post
Simpson Bay
Simpson Bay
St Martin / St Maarten
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,006 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

It's maybe a 15- minute ride +/- to Philipsburg or Marigot.

Buses are available but they are not on a schedule, just wait by the bus stop or flag one down - look for destination sign in front window of the van.

Mentioned in this post
Philipsburg
Philipsburg
St Martin / St Maarten
The Garden State
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

Aqua Mania has a boat trip from the marina at Simpson bay to Captain Hodge Wharf and Wathey Square in the center of Philipsburg. Much better than waiting for a bus and sitting in traffic.

www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
Simpson Bay
Simpson Bay
St Martin / St Maarten
Philipsburg
Philipsburg
St Martin / St Maarten
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,771 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

Pete, do you know how often it runs? I can't find it on their website. That's a nice option.

The Garden State
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

I think it only runs on Thursday but I don't know is that changes during the high season. The last time we took the trip the Oasis of the Seas was docked in town and we had a great closeup view from the water. There are also cold drinks (like Presidente) served both on the way in and on the return. No hassle with traffic or trying to find a place to park.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,771 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

Thanks. I'll call them and get the scoop. We occasionally go to town for an afternoon and this would be a fun way to get there!

Don't usually have a problem with the parking, but always up for a new experience!

New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

Thank you guys for all your great suggestions!! Hopefully, in August the boat ride will be easily accessible daily.

7. Re: How far is Simpson Bay from the main shopping center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay