We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not to be repetitive, but . . .

North Andover MA
2 posts
Save Topic
Not to be repetitive, but . . .

My week is coming up and my original unit was the Marina Building at the Pelican. Are these posts saying that my Marina Building is now the Villas? I was just there 2 years ago, and it appeared that the Villas were new. I thought my Marina Building was still there. Also, I received a call to say that I could upgrade to the Villas to a Junior Suite for $295. We're a little tight on money, but the Junior Suite looks more like a hotel room (no couch, kitchen). Is this worth it or should I save the money & stick to what I think is my original Marina Building studio M304?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not to be repetitive, but . . .

Nothing has chnged except the name of the resort.which happened this year. If you are happy with your present room then I would stick with it.as long as you have an ocean view.

North Andover MA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not to be repetitive, but . . .

Thanks so much. I actually do not have an ocean view, so I should probably trade to the villa (or do an internal upgrade at the Marina). Thank you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not to be repetitive, but . . .

The Villas junior suite is not that big. There are 2 double beds, large bath with tub/shower, double sinks. There is a dorm size fridge, microwave and a sink, some dishes.. No couch, the room goes out to a real small balcony, enough room for 2 chairs and a tiny table, very crowded. The one bedroom is huge, living and dining area, full kitchen, large bath and a full bedroom with a king bed. The best part is the huge balcony overlooking the sea with table and 4 chairs,and a lounger. If cost is not a problem, I certainly would upgrade!

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Not to be repetitive, but . . .

I just got back from Simpson Bay Resort. I never actually saw the inside of any of the villa units but if the junior suites have no kitchen and are small, I would stick with the Marina building. New is not always better. I was in one of the older units in a B building. It was a giant studio. Unless it is important that you have everything brand spanking new, I would stick to the older units (M building). They are much much larger and actually may be better positioned on the resort.

5. Re: Not to be repetitive, but . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay