We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to watch the sunrise in the Simpson Bay area.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
744 posts
13 reviews
21 helpful votes
Places to watch the sunrise in the Simpson Bay area.

I will be staying at the Atrium in the Simpson Bay area. It looks like the beach faces south and a little to the west so I imagine it's not a good place to watch the sunrise. Probably great sunsets though. If I walk towards Pelican Cay is there a good view of the sunrise? Are there any hills I can walk up to get a good view? I like early morning walks and I find that this is often the best time to take pictures before everyone else is awake.

Thanks

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Places to watch the sunrise in the Simpson Bay area.

I am not sure that you would get a direct view of the sun rise...in fact, I am almost positive that you couldn't, mainly because of the mountains that are between you and the East but I am sure that if you walked up and then up again into the Pelican Key area, you could get a nice orange glowing sky in the morning from some vantage point.

Regarding the sunsets, you will get the best views! Our favorite time of day is sitting on our balcony and watching the sunsets. Some of them are truly breathtaking like the one linked here:

reikiofmaywood.com/images/…PICT3630a.jpg

Enjoy!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
744 posts
13 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Places to watch the sunrise in the Simpson Bay area.

Nice pic!!! Thanks. I'll be exploring the area. I don't know which direction our balcony will face. Hopefully between our 2 condos one of them will have a good sunset view

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
11,644 posts
21 reviews
54 helpful votes
3. Re: Places to watch the sunrise in the Simpson Bay area.

If you can't get the sunset on your balcony, just walk down to the beach. Have many lovely sunset pictures from there. But sunrise, you won't get it from Simpson Bay.

4. Re: Places to watch the sunrise in the Simpson Bay area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, January 26, 2012