We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

Which Simpson Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

I'm so torn with all of this...

First I was set to do a Disney cruise that goes to St. Thomas, St. Marten, and Castaway Cay (disneys private island), BUT it would be my and FH's first time cruising, and to be honest, I'm nervous about cruising for the first time on our honeymoon. What if we hate it?

Then I was sold on St. Lucia...then it was Aruba....now I'm thinking St. Marten...

Keep in mind that we want to relax, but we are not lay on the beach all day type of couple. We also like to venture out and have some options....

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,678 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

The Islands are basically for sand gravity folks with some dining, entertainment & watersports tossed in. Not too many historic or cultural attractions to see on Sint Maarten. If you're a beach/pool person you'll love the Caribbean. Don't over think your options, they all sound great, choose one and stick with it is my advice.

Congratulations & Best Wishes !!

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

I think that a cruise would be a wonderful option...before we settled on St. Maarten we took 17 cruises. Yes...17! We loved the idea of seeing a different island every day. We also took the Disney cruise one year and liked that as well but my personal opinion on this would be that this is not a honeymoon sort of cruise. There will be lots of children on the ship, which is not a bad thing, but not a honeymoon thing either. You'll be spending a short time on each island and then a few days in Disneyworld I assume.

I would recommend you look into a different, more elegant, cruise where there will be more people your age who are not watching over their children (or constantly talking about them) Save this cruise for another time. Cruises in general are absolutely wonderful and give you a special surprise almost every day with a different island to sample. They treat you so elegantly, and entertain you throughout the day.

And I am not saying that St. Maarten is not a place to stay for your honeymoon but it is not a package deal. You make your own entertainment, meet your own new "BFF's", and do whatever YOU want to do. My nephew, who is still deathly afraid to fly, chose St. Maarten 2 years ago for his honeymoon because we loved it so much. He stayed at L'Esplanade (a honeymoon type of place) and found that he also now LOVED the island so much that he returned last year again, now staying at our place.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

The last place I would want to spend my honeymoon is on a Disney cruise ship!!! You will like SXM, read the trip reports. By the way, congratulations!

Youngsville...
Level Contributor
37 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

I would think you had to be a pretty big Disney fan to make that your honeymoon.We have been to Aruba(beautiful but everything is expensive),just came back from St.Maarten(much more affordable).The beaches are beautiful on both and there are lots of excursions to take on both of them too.

Don't overthink it,all will be good.

Congrats to both.

5. Re: Hi everyone! Could I get some honeymoon opinions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay