We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palm Beach Resort

Which Simpson Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Palm Beach Resort

Was hoping someone has recently been to the resort (since the hurricane hit last month) I have heard that the swim up bar and restaurant are still closed. Does anyone know if that is true? TIA

Chicago
Level Contributor
371 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palm Beach Resort

Last I heard - the restaurant will be closed for a while - took a pretty hard hit with the equipment - so that part will take time getting it replaced- not sure about the swim up bar. The clean up on the island has been great - we were there from 11-5 to 11-17 and were very impressed at how quickly things were being handled. Our pool at Flamingo had been filled with sea water and sand but by the time we arrived it was pristine and most of the area was cleaned up except a couple of units which took a pretty hard hit from the surge.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Palm Beach Resort

Heard that the swim-up bar is now open and they are hoping to get the restaurant done in time for x-mas. Also heard there are lots of rocks on the beach and to wear aqua shoes. Will be there in a few weeks and will report back...

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Palm Beach Resort

Thanks for the info. I was wondering myself as well. We will also be there in a little over 3 weeks, staying for 2 weeks at the Royal Palm. See you at happy hour!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Palm Beach Resort

We have been for a week now, swim up bar and restaurant had both opened. We had a great time, they still have some clean up to do, but it is not bad.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Palm Beach Resort

Thanks. Will be there Saturday. Is the elevator working yet? Any improvement on the hot water? Hope you are having a great time...

6. Re: Royal Palm Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:28 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay