We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Simpson Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westerville, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Beaches

I was told there are a lot of nude beaches? I going on vacation with my 3 girls is there a beach that I can go to make sure they don't have to experience the nude beaches? Thanks for your help

HMP
Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

As far as I know there aren't any clothing optional beaches on the Dutch side. They are all on the French side. However, women can go topless on any beach on the island. Considering the beaches on the Dutch side tend to have more Americans, there tend to be less topless women there. I doubt you'll be able to go the entire week without seeing at least 1 or 2 topless women no matter what beaches you choose, unless you opt to spend all your days at your hotel/resort pool.

ny,ny
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

This may not be what you want to hear, but you are likely to see some women w/o tops regardless of where you go on the island. Once you are there it becomes no big deal. Women have breasts. I dont think this is a newsflash to anyone.

that said. stay away from the end of orient beach if this bothers you. people are entirely naked there.

ST martin is paradise. Dont let this bother you

Westerville, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it.

ny,ny
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

No problem. Be sure to check out Grand Case. Go to the restaurants but also check out the bbq in the middle of the town

If you want somehting off beat go to the Loderie Farm in the middle of the island or hike up paradise peak.

Also check out Baie Rouge. Its a beautiful beach.

The Butterfly Farm is also a must must must. Its just past the end of Orient Beach.

I dont know how old your girls are but Bliss is the hottest club. You can dance right on the ocean in Phillipsburg (St martin is my favortie palce on earth!)

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches

How old are your girls? You may want to explain to them that other cultures have other ways. If you go to Orient Beach, even if not going to the far end, people tend to walk around naked. I go annually and there is always someone walking around naked. They don't seem to mind, so just tell the girls not to stare nor laugh. It will probably happen but you can prevent their reactions.

Westerville, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches

They are older 20, 17, 15. I think they will be ok with it. Just wanted to be prepared and let them know ahead of time what they might see. Thanks for your information. We are so looking forward to our trip. We are counting the days down now. Have a great holiday.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches

Just got back and have to say I saw topless women on almost every beach with the exception of our hotel beach (Sunterra Flamingo) which posted no topless swimming. Orient Beach defintely has some full-out nudity. I wasn't too concerned about my kids seeing it - it is the culture in many parts of the world.

Kansas City, MO
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches

With the ages of your daughters, they'll probably be ok with the nudity and most probably will want to go topless. It's you who will end up shocked. We've been going to St. Martin twice a year for 8+ years and there is topless bathing on every beach we've been on Dutch or French and nude at Cupecoy, Longue Bay and of course Orient. As stated earlier, try to get the girls not to laugh and you try not to blush. Have fun it is a wonderful island with delightful people on both sides.

Philadelphia, PA USA
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches

I went 2 years ago and the French side is alot of nudity. Whole families, young and old.

Simpson Bay didn't display any nudity at all.

Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay