We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glass on beach

Poland
Level Contributor
13 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
glass on beach

2004 reports say the beach was full of broken glass. Is it any better in 2005 ?

Poland
Level Contributor
13 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glass on beach

What's up ? Nobody knows anything about Nettle Bay ????

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glass on beach

My understanding is the glass at Nettle Bay is a result of hurricanes over the years. It is part of the beach.

Haven't been on that beach, so can't comment first hand. There are so many others....

white rock BC
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: glass on beach

No one really goes to Nettle bay beach that I saw. Just got back couple days ago and I stayed at the Mercure Simpson beach Coralia wich is right across the street from Baie Nettle. The beach you refer to is rarely used as there is tones of seaweed and a fair amount of garbage washed up. Beautiful none the less...

Saw no broken glass at all, if there was it wouldnt last long in the surf. Try Baie Rouge at the end long strait stretch in the road B4 it heads back to the dutch side, right next to Nettle bay. Awesome....

4. Re: glass on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:59 am, June 14, 2005
New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: glass on beach

Have been to NBBC for the past 3 years - very private - residential - great swimming pools, quiet, no peddlers, not a tourist spot, great for a romantic getaway and safe for kids. The perfect spot to enjoy the sunrise and relax , great ocean breeze. We did not find glass on the beach this year. The maintenance crew was out cleaning daily, so the grounds were well kept. We are looking forward to returning next year.

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: glass on beach

I have been to Nettle Bay Beach Club for the past 3 years and enjoyed the privacy, the pools and the beach. It is private - residential and there was no broken glass. It is not a tourist spot, great for kids - gets better every year.

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: glass on beach

No!

I arrived on 6/18/05 and the hotel had close. The management is off site and un-trustworthy. When we arrive at the address the reception area was close and they had a telephone number posted on a pole about twenty ft. away. We called the number and Cedric answered and he was 5 minutes away. When he arrived he informed us that he had an apartment but the hotel had close and there were no activitities or resturants. He did have a car to rent though, but dealing with him and his boss was horrifying. There are no telephones at the hotel so I could not get through to RCI to report it. The next morning I contacted RCI because it was late evening when we arrived on the day before. I informed RCI that the hotel had close and there were no telephones, no resturants, no activities, no chaises for the beach and that the only pool, had mean dogs running around it. The beach was indeed un-kept. RCI immediately found me another hotel which was great but the Nettle Bay Beach Club is no place to stay if you want to enjoy your vacation. Back to Cedic and his boss- He indeed rented us a four person vehicle for $385 for the week. Quite expensive-huh? When we checked into our new hotel that RCI arranged for us-we decided to turn the car we rented from Cedric back in to cut all ties. The car was so small that it took my family three trips to get all the luggage and everyone in the new hotel so another day went by. We were on our second day of use when we decided to turn the car back in so we told Cedic, his boss and the assistant that we wanted to pay for the two days but end our rental agreement. The assistant, the boss, and Cedric said fine. Come to found out Cedric had already ran our credit card through and already had our $385. So when the assistant tried to refund our balance, (with the boss approval), the assistant could not get it to work. With plenty of conversation and delay in time, the assistant and Cedric said to meet him at 11 on the next day and he would have our cash. Quess what happened on the next day---you guess it, you are right--the boss, Cedric and the owner decided they wasn't going to give our money back after saying they would. With all the time spent and lying that this group of business people did, "Gust Rent a Car", it put a damper on our vacation. It is a bad feeling when you are so far away from home and you get to your destination to find out that your hotel do not exist, and to have your money stolden from the company running the business--it's a place where you do not want to be. Any car rental place do not run your card until you have return the car so all charges can be totalled. Then to lie to you about returning your money---I do not want anyone to have to go through what we went through on dealing with Gust Company. Their credibility and trustworthyness is zero!!! Please, if you have a reservation at Nettle Bay Beach Club or a car rental agreement with Gust, please save yourself a nightmare and change your reservations.

New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: glass on beach

It is so sad that you were ripped off by some nasty thieves.

Nettle Bay Beach Club is not a Hotel.

The units are all privately owned. There are some that are rented through some real estate agents on the island, but they are privately owned units that are rentals.

St Martin, French...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: glass on beach

Hi,

if you want, I can send you objectives informations on NBBC. I live here for more than 3 years and I do not have interests there because I am not a hire company. For the pieces of broken glass: before becoming a hotel, this place was a public dump! Glass pieces went back up in surface in certain places. The hotel does not exist any more since 2004. It is a residence of co-owners (co-propriétaires in french) now but one can rent for 1 week or more sometimes. There is two restaurant very near and some others in the area. There is 4 swimming-pools ( 45 to 60 feet length) but the beaches of the NBBC are not really nice...

Patrice

Chicago
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: glass on beach

I'm from Florida and my wife and I lived at the NBBC for 2 years from 2001 to 2003 while I attended the medical school on the island. There were pros and cons about the place. If you are going to LIVE on the island, it's a great place. Kinda quiet, not much going on and you have a tropical feel. If I were on vacation I would not stay there for the following reasons: It doesn't have enough going on, beaches aren’t that clean (I only went in the water there once. It was after an exam block and me and some friends were fairly intoxicated, otherwise I wouldn’t have went in.), and everyone speaks french. Ah yes, the glass on the beach. I’ll apologize in advance if I offend anyone but let me first say…the french are dirty people! NBBC is basically down wind/current for Marigot. Marigot is dirty, the water around Marigot is dirty, and unfortunately, most of that debris that get thrown/dumped into the beautiful ocean from Marigot gets swept toward NBBC…glass included. Proof of this can be seen by walking down the beach towards Marigot. The closer you get the more crap you see on the beach and in the water. On the stretch of beach just outside my place I’ve seen all kinds of stuff wash up. Some of these things washed up many times. Things such as (but not limited to); lots of glass, syringes, tires, lots of trash (paper/plastic/cardboard), and even on two occasions, dead dogs. They were pit bulls that had ropes cinched tight around their necks and cuts all over their faces and shoulders. They probably had lost a fight and were strangled to death or drowned, and then let float away in the water. One of those dogs I had to drag into the woods because he smelled so bad. The folks at NBBC could probably hire some kid for 5EU an hour to walk that beach and pick up trash, but who knows maybe they like it dirty…after all, they’re french!

Get answers to your questions about Baie Nettle