We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations

I am new to this island. My husband and I are used to staying at the Le Meridien in Cancun, a 5 star hotel. We prefer small and high quality.

We prefer to be on the beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

what type of hotel are looking for and what budget? Also, do you have a preference on which side of the island? it will help narrow down the choices.

Italy
Level Contributor
100 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

If you want beach front location where you have a nice large size room, clean, safe, and beautiful surroundings, I would choose Grand Case Beach Club. You have 2 private beaches and an excellent restaurant on location. Plus shopping in Grand Case Village for groceries, great restaurants and cute shops.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

There's probably only two that some would consider 5 star.

L'Esplanade gets consistent great reviews, but is not on the beach.

La Samanna is on the beach, but gets mixed reviews.

Le Petite is L'Esplanade's sister hotel. It's small, boutique and on the beach.

New York
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Cancun is much cheaper than St. Martin as far as accommodations go. I have stayed and will be staying again at the Grand Case Beach Club in December. The hotel is great but if you are looking for luxury hotels as you get in Cancun (we have stayed at the Fiesta Americana and Le Meridian in Cancun), I don't think you will find it anywhere near a five star hotel. It is very laid back and most of the hotels are efficiency apartments. Just a different flavor than Cancun. LaSamanna is very high end but you will pay double what you would pay in Cancun.

5. Re: Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marigot