We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch

Where is your fav mid week lunch spot? Also is anything open Sundays in Marigot for shops and or lunch?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch

www.best-stmartin.com/detail.asp…

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch

Tree Tops Lounge at Loterie Farm.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch

For lunch on Sunday's you can go to La Croissanterie at the Marina Royale. That is pretty much the only thing open at the Marina but worth it for the delicious foods at reasonable prices. We always go there on Sunday for their Croque Monssieure or Madame. You can usually find parking right outside their entrance from the street which makes it even better.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch

And by midweek, our favorite lunch spot is usually whatever beach we're at. A really nice place to beach it is Simpson Bay Beach at Karakter which is a converted bus into a kitchen where they serve excellent tapas as reasonable prices. The chairs and umbrella they supply are free if you eat or drink there. To get there, drive towards Mary's Boon but then keep going into the parking lot which is technically the end of the road.

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch

Ann, on my visit in June, I went to a new, small restaurant in Porto Cupecoy called Le Bateau Ivre. It is owned and operated by a French couple and the food is made from scratch. I had a quiche that was excellent and it came with a small salad that was very fresh. I went back w\ith my daughter when she joined me the following week. It is in the new development very near the French-Dutch border in Cupecoy. The development is a bit Miami Beach but this little restaurant sits on the water and you can dine either outside or in. It is named after one of the owner's favorite poems. Bon Appetite!

Another thought is the Sunset Cafe in Grand Case, by the Grand Case Beach Club, looking back at Anguilla.

Edited: 12:14 pm, July 07, 2010
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch

The Drunken Boat! Lovely setting!

Montvale, nj
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch

During the week "Enoch's Place" in a corner of the Marigot market near the marina. There is a large parking lot near by. They are closed on Sundays and closed for dinner. The street name is Front de Mer. I had whole grilled fish. It was outstanding and served with excellent red beans and rice. Top it off with a cool Caribbean beer and you could not be happier. I like my fish grilled whole when I can get it. This is one of the few places that do that. Most others only serve fillets (with a sauce). This is where the locals will eat. Nearby, there will be an open market (except Sundays). This is my favorite lunch spot in Marigot.

I'm going again in August and I'll eat there at least twice that week.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch

Have heard similar reviews about Enoch's. Another place to try!

Grilled whole fish is fairly easy to find, but again, mostly in the local places. My favorite also!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch

Living in North Carolina I have no clue what what you guys mean when you say grill whole fish. Do you mean it's the big fish with they eyes and everything? Is there any seasoning on it? What kind of fish is it?

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
725 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch

Yes, Eyes and Everything!

Snapper, Sea Bass, whatever! It's all good!

Sometimes, if the fish is small (I ask the size) It's better to filet it yourself-you get more meat, and it's more tender--not overcooked.

Sometimes, they are so large--can't finish it all!

If you don't like him staring at you, just cover up his face with a tomato or some other garnish. YUMMMMMMM

Get answers to your questions about Marigot