We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
78 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

Hey there we just got back from a fantastic Xmas /New Years vacation in Grenada excellent beach and hotel (just slow paced service but that is fine no biggie). We have been to Negril, Barbados, Tulum Mexico etc want explore a new island . Prefer find white powder sand , calm waters for easy swimming and wide stretch of beach, with beach bars to walk too. (nuding not an issue, non judgemental folks) .... Like a nice hotel with decent service, nothing fancy just clean and convenient. If super nice great but not a must...

Can you please recommend hotels. I am trying to decide for a xmas vacation 2010 ..not sure if I am going to chose St. Maarten or Anguilla, but leaning towards St. Maarten

would love to hear your suggestions thanks, Rhea

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

I have always liked Orient because of a lot of daytime beach activity and things quiet down at night but you still have bars/restaurants open for dinner.

There are quite a few restaurants and bars in Orient Village. Safari Grill (French), Ti Chi (Asian), Le Piment (pizza, casual dining), Cote Plage (French),Little Italy (pasta) Across the street is Paris Texas, a Tex/Mex place , and Tap 5 for pizza and other light meals. Le Cadre serves mostly tapas and La Chapelle is a sports bar/club/restaurant that stays open late. La Chapelle may have closed for a time. Additionally right outside Orient complex on the main road is Rancho Del Sol for dinner and drinks.

In the Orient complex is also Cafe Plantation, and L'Astroble at the Esmeralda resort. They are both very good and more upscale.

Several beach bars have parties at night during high season - Waikiki, Budha Bar at Bikini, Kontiki and Boo Boo Jams, Aloha for lunch. Check out Kpasa.com for music, happy hour, parties, etc. information.There is an ATM located at the gas station in Grand Case on the main road down the hill from the police station as you are coming into town from Marigot and there is also one on the main road to Anse Marcel. Restaurants like tips to be paid in cash even when a credit card is used. It is a good idea to have some USD or Euro handy.

Some nice small hotels steps off the beach are:

L'Hoste

Alamanda

Caraibes Beach Hotel

Caribbean Princess

Panorama complements of Ed & Sandra

edsandra.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.…

2. Re: Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:11 pm, April 23, 2015
St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

St. Maarten has the activities and Anguilla has the white sand, calm waters, expansive beaches and gorgeous hotels. Except for La Samanna on St. Maarten, I can't think of one "hotel" that has all that you want. The places on Orient cannot really be considered "hotels" but more of what I would consider "resorts" with low rise apartments or bungalow types of accommodations.

If you were just being general when stating "hotel", then places around Orient would be good as suggested and the Westin (which falls into the hotel classication) may be OK as well. The Radisson (another Hotel) has a nice quiet beach but none of the rooms has an Ocean view which to me is an absolute must.

Being that you are going during a popular week, the major hotels on Anguilla may have high prices but if you don't mind quiet nights, what you are describing is Anguilla to a tee. Cap Julaca and Cuissinart are 2 of the nicest hotels on the island. They are exquisite. Their pricing may be big time but they may have some specials advertised for that time period.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
55 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

Anguilla has the best beach by far that I have ever been to in the Caribbean (besides Caymans) I only visited St. Martin on a day trip, but Anguilla was just amazing. Anguilla definitely does not have the night life that other islands do, so if you are looking for that, you might want to look elsewhere. Cuisinart was amazing, and I visited Cap Jaluca for dinner and was unimpressed. I had heard that the management has changed and therefore Cap has gone somewhat downhill.

5. Re: Best Beach Hotel in St. Maarten ? ........for Xmas 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Marigot