We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

Wiil be on a cruise in August and stopping in St Martin for 1 day, 10hours. Need info on catching a ferry that i heard about and if i will have enough time? Is it worth going? Curious on shopping too.. Have 2 18yr.olds going. Is it something they would enjoy too. Thanks..

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

The ship arrives at Philipsburg and the ferry to Anguill leaves every 30 minutes from Marigot. You can do it but it will be a busy day of travel. Once on Anguilla you will need to taxi to somewhere, I suppose to Shoul Bay which seems to be the popular destination. It's not something I would do with such limited time, but that's me. I'm sure the teens will enjoy the day.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

That is something I would not do on a cruise. Enjoy St maarten while your there and save Anguilla for when you come back for a longer stay. Not much for two 18 year olds to do but sit in the sand. Take then to Orient beach for water sports ( jet ski, para sail scuba and snorkling) or Pinel for snorkling. If they are certified divers you can arrange that through Dive Safaris out of Bobby's Marina. No need to go to Anguilla as there is plenty to do on St Maarten. Check out the cruise ship excursions for others.

Ferries can be taken out of Marigot and I think Bobbys depending on what day of the week. You won't find much shopping on Anguilla but plenty on St Maarten.

indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

Thanks so much for the info. You mentioned orient beach with snorkeling, and other things. Can you just go there and do those things on your own or is it better to do it through the excursions on the cruise? If you do it on your own is there places to rent all the things you want to do after you get to the beach? 1 more question, How far from port to Orient beach/ Thanks...

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

Take a taxi but do not pay him till he gets you back to the ship. That will guanentee your return trip. Don't worry he'll be there. Depending on cost and what you want to do you can do your own thing by taxi or take a cruise excursion. An excursion will make sure you are on the ship in time and equipment is included. Snorkling is free if you bring your own stuff or you can rent it there. If itsdiving than dring your own or pay extra for theirs. Para sailing or jet ski-wave runner you just pay there. Orient is a fun place with lots of activity. Its worth a day or save some time to walk the Board walk or front street before you get back on the ship. There is time to do both. Enjoy, you'll want to come back. We started going there on cruise ships, 5 to be exact, now we go back for three weeks every year. Have fun.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

Sorry, it takes about 15-20 min from the cruise dock depending on traffic.

6. Re: Marigot to Anguilla in 1 day ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marigot