We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philipsburg (docking) to Marigot: scooters to rent?

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Philipsburg (docking) to Marigot: scooters to rent?

I'll be going in March on a cruise ship (sorry, the only way I can afford it). I'd like to go to Marigot in addition to doing the 13 Metre race.

Is there a place nearby the port where I might rent a scooter to tour the island? It will be during the day.

Merci!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philipsburg (docking) to Marigot: scooters to rent?

There probably is, but I would caution you not to. Traffic can be hazardous (crazy driving), the roads are in bad shape and I would say it is too dangerous. Lots of unmarked sppped bumps - big potholes.

The yacht races are right near the docks and you can grab a cab to Marigot and return with no issues. This is not the type of island you should scooter on. Believe me!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philipsburg (docking) to Marigot: scooters to rent?

I greatly appreciate your input - especially since you seem to be the go-to person for any and all island info.

Thank you very much.

Barbara

3. Re: Philipsburg (docking) to Marigot: scooters to rent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marigot