We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pack Light Rentals

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pack Light Rentals

I've heard that this company rents 1)chairs and umbrellas 2) cell phones. Has anybody had any experiences with them? If so - is it a good deal/ on the up and up?

Montreal
Level Contributor
128 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pack Light Rentals

We were planning on meeting Craig from Pack Light for 2 chairs and an umbrella a few weeks ago. Our connection in San Juan was cancelled and we missed him.

When we got back home I found an email from him. He wrote that he waited an hour for us, then found out our flight was cancelled and he would see us next time.

All the reports about his service have been very good. We will reserve chairs and an umbrella ($25 for the week) from him when we go back.

Type in - packlightsxm@hotmail.com and fill out the form. You will get a prompt response.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pack Light Rentals

Thanks, daveb7 - looks as though this is a good deal!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pack Light Rentals

All reports I have ever heard about Packlight are positive. Craig (Bob?) provides a great service, and will deliver anywhere or make arrangements to pick up with your car rental.

Be aware, the chairs are the low sand chairs. Some don't like them.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pack Light Rentals

sxmlover -

Thanks for the info on types of chairs. If we rent them, and go to a beach where we don't want/need the chairs, what are the chances they will be stolen if we leave them in the trunk? Are they covered by insurance?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pack Light Rentals

Don't know about insurance. You'd have to check with your carrier. Haven't heard of anyone stealing them. I remember a post somewhere about six months ago where someone asked the question, and Craig hiimself answered that he had never had a problem with his chahris being stolen.

Ottawa Ontario
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pack Light Rentals

I have dealt with Craig on several occassions for chairs, umbrellas and coolers and he was always at the airport to meet us along with Lesley Bruce from Kenny's car rental. On one occasion he couldn't provide us with a cooler on the day we arrived so we bought one. At the end of our trip he bought the cooler from us for a couple of dollars less than we paid for it. He is a great guy to do business with.

Bainbridge New york
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pack Light Rentals

we rented from pack light this passed Oct. and it worked out great.When we were done We were met at our car rental place and things were picked up.Saved alot of money and time at the beaches by having our own stuff. We had 2 chairs umbrella and cooler. you can book right online.

8. Re: Pack Light Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marigot