We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phone rental on French side

Which Marigot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
95 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Cell phone rental on French side

Hello All,

Does anyone have any info on cell phone rental companies on the French side? I looked into the suggested Queen of SXM but all calls from or to the French side incur a .20 connection on top of the .32 per minute fee as they are not considered local.

It might still be the way to go (?) but thought I should see if there is any other option.

Also, we have our own phones and could just buy chips, if that is an option on the French side, but I thought it might be easier to just rent the whole phone.

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cell phone rental on French side

from everything I have heard - I agree with you about Sharon. If I can get a trip to St Martin to work in my budget this summer - then I will defintiely rent from Sharon this time.

Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cell phone rental on French side

We will be in St. Maarten (Dutch side) first week of July and after reading your messages, decided to call my phone carrier to discuss costs. We have Sprint, and the international activation is free, but ... it costs $1.25 a minute to use our phone there. A bit more than when we were in Mazatlan last year. We really do not plan on using the phones, but just in case of any emergencies, family will be able to get in touch with us. BTW, last year, we did inform everyone NOT to call us unless it was extremely important.

13. Re: Cell phone rental on French side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marigot