We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

HELP!!! My husband and I are planning a 5 night escape to celebrate our 35th birthdays and are torn between Grand Case Beach Club, Oyster Bay Beach Resort and Le Domaine de Lonvilliers. Looking for a clean and low-key place with fairly modern conveniences, nice beach and bar to just hang out and recharge. We also love food and great wine. Any help for these first time adventurers??? Thank you. Also, am I missing a place that we should definitely check out - the choices!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case Beach Club
Grand Case Beach Club
1,823 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
1,250 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

I think you're making the right decision staying on the French side. That being said I would go with the GCBC. Very nice beach, good snorkeling (activities desk on premises for all day trips, Prickly, Pear, Glass bottom boat, etc), quiet, great restaurant on the grounds (Sunset Cafe' and it lives up to its name) and a walk into Grand Case to satisfy your fine wine and dining needs. Most units have recently been renovated and they keep the grounds in very good condition. They give you beach chairs and have waiter service on the beach. There are also kayaks for your use and if you're the adventurous type, paddle out to Creole Rock for some excellent snorkeling. If not, there's decent snorkeling around the restaurant (saw a barracuda there once)

Le Domaine de Lonevillers is close to the Radisson construction so you may hear construction noise during the day.

Other nearby places to check out are L'Esplenade and Petit Hotel in Grand Case and Alamanda, L"Hoste and Cap Caribes if you want to be in the Orient Village area.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Le Petit Hotel
Le Petit Hotel
588 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

Thank you cmauro. I booked the trip while I could still get an ocean front room - we are VERY excited. Have heard so many wonderful things about the island and think I'm going to fast for the next three months so that I can fill up on what I hear is unbelievable cuisine and wine :o)

Tulsa, OK.
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

We loved Grand Case. We stayed at an apartment above La California restaurant. We saw GCBC and it was nice. Il Nettuno, if you like Italian, is wonderful. You can sit, drink wine, and watch the lighted boats in the bay. We had a car and went to many beaches...all fabulous. Enjoy, we loved it!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Il Nettuno
Il Nettuno
487 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Tulsa, OK.
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

We loved Grand Case. We stayed at an apartment above La California restaurant. We saw GCBC and it was nice. Il Nettuno, if you like Italian, is wonderful. You can sit, drink wine, and watch the lighted boats in the bay. We had a car and went to many beaches...all fabulous. Enjoy, we loved it!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Il Nettuno
Il Nettuno
487 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

Thank you so much for the dinner tip - I can't wait to get there and recharge our batteries without our little ones in tow (don't get me wrong I love my girls, but we all need a little time to rest). Thanks again for the tip.

6. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, January 31, 2007
7. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

8. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

Removed on: 10:24 pm, January 31, 2007
9. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

10. Re: grand case, oyster bay beach or Le Domaine de Lonvilliers

Removed on: 10:24 pm, January 31, 2007