We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

My husband and I will celebrate our ten year anniversary in Sint Maarten in a couple of weeks, and plan to go to a nice restaurant to celebrate. Do you have any suggestions as to where we should go?

I'm leaning towards French cuisine, but I am open to anything.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,590 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

http://www.sxm-culdesac.com/restaurants.html

Directions

-------------------------------------

http://www.solelunarestaurant.com/

Restaurant & Menu

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

Another thought for making your anniversary a special day. Consider spending the day at Dreams. It is on the French side, with a beach. If coming from Baie Rouge or Cupecoy toward Marigot it will be on your left, with a big sign (and fence) as you approach Nettle Bay. It is a very classy restaurant and beach bar, with French cuisine (they offer other food as well. It is owned by Bruno who also owns Le Cottage in Grand Case.The beach chairs and umbrellas are free if you eat there and are early enough to get them. The furniture and decor has a high end feel. You can rent a "clam shell" style wicker lounge bed with a thick mattres and pillows. Two can easily fit in one -$20/day. The beach has ground shell mixed with sand and is very comfortable to walk on. A great view of Marigot and the mountains behind.The food was excellent and we also had a couple of bottles of wine to celebrate my daughter's 24th birthday. Bruno and the manager are both great hosts and the service was excellent. We found it to be so good we went back on our last day - always reserved for the best location during our stay.

One more thought. If you like jazz (saxaphone and female singer), go to Karakter's in Simpson Bay on Friday evening. Music starts about 7:00 but you probably will need to make a reservation to assure a table. As the sun goes down, the waves are breaking gently on the beach and the tabels are in the sand very close to the water. When dark,the torches are lit and the jazz music, the buzz of conversation in the background and their wonderful tapas dishes make for a very romantic evening. All open air.

Edited: 12:34 pm, June 13, 2013
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

I just came back from a vacation and enjoyed two great dinners from restaurants recommended from several users here.

1. Le Santal (French Side /close to Simpson Bay) - Reserve a balcony seat. The food and service was amazing. http://www.restaurantlesantal.com/

2. Temptation/Rare (Dutch side near Simpson Bay/Maho) - Another great restaurant with excellent food and service. They are actually running a 4 course summer menu for $48 (amazing price for what you get). www.rareandtemptation.com/EN/temptation/

Hope this helps.

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

Didn't eat there, but Temptation looked amazing (and very romantic)....though not on the beach. It was also recommended by a local we met from Belguim who's lived on the island for 25 years and its in his top 5.

5. Re: Best romantic restaurant in Sint Maarten/St. Martin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Philipsburg